Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Reggie just uploaded my minimalist theme update to the live site. It comes in New Maemo.org style and Dark Style. I hope everyone enjoys all the new features. I want to think Reggie for the help he gave me on it. Please let me know what you think and let me know of any bugs you find.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2010-04-29 at 21:29.

The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
Reggie just uploaded my minimalist theme update to the live site. It comes in New Maemo.org style and Dark Style. I hope everyone enjoys all the new features. I want to think Reggie for the help he gave me on it. Please let me know what you think and let me know of any bugs you find.
Here's a quick tiny error -- between Quick Reply and Thanks! you need a separator.

Also, I thought that, at least after Preview Post, minimalist was going to have options for, for example, inserting a link or photo, italicizing, ...

Andrew, thanks! for doing this. (Imagine that the "thanks!" is italicized. )

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
This minimalist dark is great! Even better than the classic dark. Thanks!

Last edited by Den in USA; 2009-05-18 at 03:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I dont know where the problem is but when i use digi@web browser for the dark minimalistic theme and click the no. of posts in each topic it does not go to the last read post, it shows how many posts made by each user.

just wanted to let u guys know

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
Well, a few things have, unfortunately, been not addressed:

1. Forum sections list at the main page lacks any separators making it somewhat difficult to navigate. A few thin frames and horizontal lines would make it way more readable.

2. The top menu is done in huge font, for no good reason.

3. UserCP uses a horizontal menu rather than a normal vertical list of options. Given the number and the length of option names, horizontal menu is inappropriate there.

4. Why have a "Today" menu option when you already have "New"?

5. The message "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit or since forums have been marked read." is for some reason done in huge bold font, taking a lot of space.

That is all I have found so far.

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
globaly nice dark side ! That's why andrewblack mouhahaha nice work bro

+
i confirm sachin007 statement about post number issue
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

And WebSiteOptimization.com still shows the page size to be 115kB, with JavaScript accounting for the whopping 94kB. In other words, it is not very well suited for to be used over GPRS and similar connections.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
While i join the people in their love of the minimalist dark, i find that there is one big behavior change between it and the old minimalist.

With the old, one could tap the number of posts to go to the first unread post. Now it instead produced a new window with a display of who have posted how much. Instead one have to go for the little arrow target below the title text to go to first
unread of that thread...

(Ah, i see now that its been talked about. and funny enough, minimalist light has the behavior that the original minimalist had)

Oh, and another little note is that the IM icons of a user gets bunched up with the users post count, obscuring the latter...

Last edited by tso; 2009-05-18 at 06:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I dont know where the problem is but when i use digi@web browser for the dark minimalistic theme and click the no. of posts in each topic it does not go to the last read post, it shows how many posts made by each user.
That's the same behavior Reggie has in the Classic Dark theme.

In this one, there's a tiny icon to the right of the time that will take you to your first unread post. (Andrew, I think it's better if the Replies # takes you to the first unread post; but if you keep it as it is, that tiny icon ought to be much larger.)

Last edited by GeraldKo; 2009-05-18 at 06:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fms View Post

4. Why have a "Today" menu option when you already have "New"?
New shows only unread posts and Today shows all posts. It's good to have both.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post: