Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post
Current developments are now focused on providing Inter Process Communication among QBW instances and with other Applications.

This feature is under design/development as I would like to release the much complete and customizable IPC mechanism possible, like for example:
  • Give impulse to a Beecon for content update
  • Give impulse to a Beecon for layout update
  • Give other beecons one-shot alternative scripts to execute
  • Remotely change QBW settings
  • Retrieve other beecon's last executed commands exit status
  • Provide to non graphical programs and daemons a suitable interface for displaying information on precustomized beecons on screen (for example Dbus Scripts for displaying events on the system/session DBUS like cell IDs changes, available WLANs and the like)
I encourage you to suggest possible enhancements or wishlists in this area.

There are infinite possibilities ... just stay tuned!!!
OK this is Naive Poker Roller: just a Proof of Concept of what will be possible when new IPC mechanism will be implemented:

The 5 poker dices and the "ROLL DICES" button are all QBW

Every dice is the graphic instance of a simple random number generator command (From 1 to 6 ... Duh!)
Every dice will be able to roll separately by just touching it.

The "ROLL DICES" button will be able to roll all of the 5 dices at the same time.

It will only be necessary to know the Instance ID of the 5 QBW dices and attach to the button a specially crafted command/script which will basically issue the following five commands:
Code:
dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.qbw /com/nokia/qbwid0 com.nokia.qbw.update
dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.qbw /com/nokia/qbwid1 com.nokia.qbw.update
dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.qbw /com/nokia/qbwid2 com.nokia.qbw.update
dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.qbw /com/nokia/qbwid3 com.nokia.qbw.update
dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.qbw /com/nokia/qbwid4 com.nokia.qbw.update
The id0 id1 id2 id3 id4 QBW Instance IDs will be easily visible/accessible at the top of settings dialog box.

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Ciao,
this will work ...
Code:
echo "<span font=\"15\"><b>`date +"%A, %-Y-%m-%-d - Vecka %W"`</b></span>"
BTW: why bothering using Pango Markup Tags when you can stick to native QBW formatting settings from here:
I wanted to have one string at one size and another at another size in the same command. So thats why i could change the "global" setting

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Another question.. and this might be a too big one. Right now if i use the date command. It will show the date in english. But i would like it to show in my native language swedish. Is there any easy way to do this? If a script is necessary could someone help me with this as i am not good at scripting?

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Another question.. and this might be a too big one. Right now if i use the date command. It will show the date in english. But i would like it to show in my native language swedish. Is there any easy way to do this? If a script is necessary could someone help me with this as i am not good at scripting?
See HERE

Ciao.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
@No!No!No!Yes!: hi, i am impressed by your scripting skills.

maybe, you have a quick solution for the following:

the rss feed from http://talk.maemo.org/ gives me unfortunately
the latest threads but what i want is different:

1) i want the the latest n active topics as shown on
http://talk.maemo.org/search.php?do=getdaily and

2) i want the latest m posts for the threads under 1)

can you help out? thanx.

Blues

Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
@No!No!No!Yes!: hi, i am impressed by your scripting skills.

maybe, you have a quick solution for the following:

the rss feed from http://talk.maemo.org/ gives me unfortunately
the latest threads but what i want is different:

1) i want the the latest n active topics as shown on
http://talk.maemo.org/search.php?do=getdaily and

2) i want the latest m posts for the threads under 1)

can you help out? thanx.

Blues
Ciao,
could you find out the exact RSS urls for 1) and 2) ?
Once I have the two urls and an idea of what you'd like to obtain as output (meaning structure of the output) I'll try to help with the shell/awk scripting.
Bye.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
@No!No!No!Yes!: the point is that there is no rss feed for 1)
and 2) :-)

if you go to http://talk.maemo.org/ an press "more ..." on the
lower right hand side you will be redirected to
http://talk.maemo.org/search.php?do=getdaily

from here i see the latest n=25 active topics. pressing "last page"
on a chosen topic gives me the latest m posts on the topic.

BluesLee

Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
@No!No!No!Yes!: the point is that there is no rss feed for 1)
and 2) :-)

if you go to http://talk.maemo.org/ an press "more ..." on the
lower right hand side you will be redirected to
http://talk.maemo.org/search.php?do=getdaily

from here i see the latest n=25 active topics. pressing "last page"
on a chosen topic gives me the latest m posts on the topic.

BluesLee
I'm sorry but it is almost impossible to get something usable out of full HTML pages with CSS markers, javascript code and CSS style driven layout (themes); patterns are quite complex and hardly discernable from garbage formatting tags.
RSS could be a good place to start because of the minimalist formatting and pretty lean source page structure; but the only feed you can retrieve is http://talk.maemo.org/external.php?type=rss2 which is not actually up to date.
I suggest you also try and figure out vbulletin capabilities with respect to special URLs crafting for such needs... or maybe ask the forum admins for suggestions.
Further, I still don't get what kind of output you are expecting.
I believe you can try to reformulate your request and apply here for some Mods help.
Also I'm sorry I've gone far beyond off-topic here ...

Current developments are now focused on providing Inter Process Communication among QBW instances and with other Applications.

This feature is under design/development as I would like to release the much complete and customizable IPC mechanism possible, like for example:
  • Provide to non graphical programs and daemons a suitable interface for displaying information on precustomized beecons on screen (for example Dbus Scripts for displaying events on the system/session DBUS like cell IDs changes, available WLANs and the like)

WIKI is updated with current design and specifications.
Developments are in the brewery.

Last edited by No!No!No!Yes!; 2010-05-18 at 23:54.

Brief brewery status update:

DBUS Methods & Parameters
WARNING!!! Methods' Parameters are case-sensitive

Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) dbus_method_monitor string:'on|off'
:Toggle on-screen yellow notification message of incoming DBUS method requests for destination Instance (for debug purposes). Default=OFF

Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) show
:Give show impulse to a Beecon

Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) hide
:Give hide impulse to a Beecon

Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) wakeup
:Give wake up impulse to a Beecon and update content and layout

Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) sleep
:Give sleep/disabled impulse to a Beecon (Minimize and Disable)

Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) update_content
:Give impulse to a Beecon for content update

Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) update_layout
:Give impulse to a Beecon for layout update

Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) exec string:'<alternative command/script>'
:Give other beecons one-shot alternative scripts/commands to execute and update content accordingly

Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) set_param_string string:'<param name>' string:'<new value>'
Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) set_param_int32 string:'<param name>' int32:'<new value>'
Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) set_param_uint32 string:'<param name>' uint32:'<new value>'
Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) set_param_double string:'<param name>' double:'<new value>'
Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) set_param_boolean string:'<param name>' boolean:'<new value>'
:Change and store QBW settings

Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) get_param string:'<param name>' returning string:'<value>'
:Get QBW settings

Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) get_exit_status returning int32:'<ExitStatus>'
:Retrieve other beecon's last executed commands exit status

Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) set_position int32:'<X-coord>' int32:'<Y-coord>'
Implemented (Internal Testing in Scratchbox) get_position returning int32:'<X-coord>' int32:'<Y-coord>'

0.1.7 expected in extras-devel within 2 days or so
Naive Dice Poker tutorial expected within several days

Last edited by No!No!No!Yes!; 2010-05-20 at 19:56. Reason: Update set_position & get_position implementation status