Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Hey all,

Taking a bit of a longshot here...I was in the garage yesterday, walking back into the house, and my N900 fell on the concrete garage floor. It hit flat, the back panel and the battery flew in opposite directions. I picked up everything, and put it back together, and it powered up immediately (I know it powered up, because I heard the startup music), but did the screen was black. No life.

So I know that it is probably a forlorn hope, because N900 users at this point fall into two categories, I think. Either they are still using them, or they have gotten rid of them. But I'm wondering if someone may have either a dead one or an LCD panel from one that is still in decent shape. I looked on ebay, and the one that they had looked a bit beat up.

If you do still have your n900 but have moved past it, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
--vr

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Not helpful to resolve the screen.
But if you have one try the AV out cable to make sure the rest of the device is ok.
Is it definitely dead or is it just dim (no blacklight)?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I donated my 50 displays and cases to Leste team. You could ask on Maemo Leste iirc channel.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
Hey all,

Taking a bit of a longshot here...I was in the garage yesterday, walking back into the house, and my N900 fell on the concrete garage floor. It hit flat, the back panel and the battery flew in opposite directions. I picked up everything, and put it back together, and it powered up immediately (I know it powered up, because I heard the startup music), but did the screen was black. No life.

So I know that it is probably a forlorn hope, because N900 users at this point fall into two categories, I think. Either they are still using them, or they have gotten rid of them. But I'm wondering if someone may have either a dead one or an LCD panel from one that is still in decent shape. I looked on ebay, and the one that they had looked a bit beat up.

If you do still have your n900 but have moved past it, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
--vr
I think i have on that i can send. You are located in the US, right?