Active Topics

Notices

hey guys im very new too maemo.. i just got my n900 few days ago i love it over the droid.. i was wondering if u can wifi tether yet?

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
Not quite sure what you mean by "wifi tether" - if you mean connect to the N900 over wifi and go out through the cell internet connection, then: not yet. See: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34380

The default N900 kernel is crippled by having no usable iptables for getting it to do NAT (masquerading, as it's sometimes called)

actually with the software suite all you have to do is click like 2 buttons(dont have it in front of me) and it sets it up for you

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
llamastyle: does that actually work? (you connect to the N900 over WiFi (not bluetooth or usb) and you can connect out to the internet over the N900's 3G?)

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
I would love to see something like WMwifirouter had it on all my winmo phones and it is a life saver when needing to use your laptop on the good with the unlimited data plan you playing for hopefully in a few months we shall see an app like that

oh no thats with usb sorry

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Fort Lauderdale, FL

how can i share my n900's internet connection with other mobiles through wifi without using joikuspot

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ China
I manged to share laptop's broadband via usb with my n900, usb cable is really tiny, still trying to do it now via wifi, no luck so far.

Yes, it is possible with mobilehotspot:
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/mobilehotspot/
I believe it is in extras testing. Yes it requires custom kernel but as this being N900 that is as simple as installing it through package manager and rebooting the device.

edit: Remember to turn off all connections before starting this app.

Last edited by Hoxzer; 2010-06-27 at 03:13.