Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by fred123 View Post
@fcrochik
Is there any way to allow search result arrows on the map to be clicked for more info.
I have to work on it... Initially I plan to allow the user to select a business on the "local search" window and show its details (url, phone, address, ... ). I am still hopeful that google will "open" the "places api" so I can show even more information.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Hi.
I'm fireman and I'm looking for a way to use .dxf, .gml, .dwg, .kmz or .mif. as a layer on maps, to show me water points, forest roads, and others thinks.
Do you think it's possible to do it with GeePS?
Many thanks for your apps: they're great!!!

Originally Posted by cevenn View Post
Hi.
I'm fireman and I'm looking for a way to use .dxf, .gml, .dwg, .kmz or .mif. as a layer on maps, to show me water points, forest roads, and others thinks.
Do you think it's possible to do it with GeePS?
Many thanks for your apps: they're great!!!
I am sure it is possible somehow.

Google maps allow for custom layers. If anybody has developed layers for google maps with the information you need we could easily add them to geeps as long as we can get permission.

It would also possible to implement loading kml files on geeps but I don't think would be as productive. Even if they don't exist it would probably make more sense to implment them as google maps layers so they could be used anywhere you can have google maps.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss details/options. I will be happy to (at least try to) help

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
I love this app. My only wish is that it could log into my google account and access my placemarks. It is a pretty small thing I know, but would be useful in that I do my prep for trips on my PC, and my NAV on my phone.

I was seriously considering picking up an android device just to have google maps. This is going to keep me from doing that. Thanks.

Last edited by rhaig; 2010-11-15 at 14:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to rhaig For This Useful Post:
I haven't tried this application yet because I'm not sure exactly how to emplement the installation. Recommendations on a step-by-step guide for newbs would be welcome. I've read about some interesting apps in development, but I've held back for concern of doing more harm than good to my N900, since I don't have much experience messing with programming.

That said, I've read this entire thread and I'm excited at the prospect of having like-native-googlemaps. I look forward to trying it out once I'm confident how to install it without crashing my phone.

And that is a big YES from me too, regarding the previous request for logging into google maps and accessing My Maps. I've created a few maps on my laptop with placemarks for planning more efficient routes. It'd be really nice to be able to access My Maps with my N900.

One thing I've always wanted was integration of GPS with animated Weather Radar Loop graghics. Is there a practical way to integrate JRE Radar Loop graphics from NOAA into a translucent layer over the map? Or, if not an animated loop, just a translucent radar image layer that updates at regular intervals. Maybe it could be an option that one could toggle on/off?

As for Lattitude, I think it's a neat idea, but I would normally default to not really wanting to share where I am. I like hangin with friends but sometimes I'm just not into it. I can just imagine it now, "Hey WTH, man, you were just on my side of town and didn't even stop by." And imagine if our Moms had this technology. OMG, guilt x10. If this were available I would definitely want to be able set it as default=off with an option to turn it on.

Originally Posted by rhaig View Post
I love this app. My only wish is that it could log into my google account and access my placemarks. It is a pretty small thing I know, but would be useful in that I do my prep for trips on my PC, and my NAV on my phone.

I was seriously considering picking up an android device just to have google maps. This is going to keep me from doing that. Thanks.
I didn't consider this option before. I will have a look ...sounds like a good idea!

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheJason View Post
I haven't tried this application yet because I'm not sure exactly how to emplement the installation. Recommendations on a step-by-step guide for newbs would be welcome. I've read about some interesting apps in development, but I've held back for concern of doing more harm than good to my N900, since I don't have much experience messing with programming.

That said, I've read this entire thread and I'm excited at the prospect of having like-native-googlemaps. I look forward to trying it out once I'm confident how to install it without crashing my phone.
GeePS has been promoted to on extras so you can install it like any other application using your favorite application manager.

And that is a big YES from me too, regarding the previous request for logging into google maps and accessing My Maps. I've created a few maps on my laptop with placemarks for planning more efficient routes. It'd be really nice to be able to access My Maps with my N900.
Will look into it.

One thing I've always wanted was integration of GPS with animated Weather Radar Loop graghics. Is there a practical way to integrate JRE Radar Loop graphics from NOAA into a translucent layer over the map? Or, if not an animated loop, just a translucent radar image layer that updates at regular intervals. Maybe it could be an option that one could toggle on/off?
If you know or find any web site that shows a google provided map with the information you are looking for let me know. If there is one it is quite possible I can also add to GeePS.

As for Lattitude, I think it's a neat idea, but I would normally default to not really wanting to share where I am. I like hangin with friends but sometimes I'm just not into it. I can just imagine it now, "Hey WTH, man, you were just on my side of town and didn't even stop by." And imagine if our Moms had this technology. OMG, guilt x10. If this were available I would definitely want to be able set it as default=off with an option to turn it on.
I don't like the idea of sharing my location but can see why some people will like to. Whenever I implement the feature it will be for sure optional.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
This app is really WOW !!!!!!! This is one of the main app I was missing on my N900 compared with Iphone and Android phones ...

With traffic layer & other features it is simply ....awesome !!!!!!

Btw it is in extras and I just downloaded now !!!!

Thanks !!!! Thanks !!!!!

hi - does anyone how to choose my current position?

NICE!!!
Thank you!