Hey everyone-

So I recently enabled to two-step verification for my primary Gmail account and then disabled it after I realized that it wouldn't sync with my N9 anymore. However, after I disabled the two-step verification and deleted and resynced my gmail account I keep getting a popup window asking me for my password even though I've already entered the correct one. So now whenever I resync my emails I get a prompt asking for my gmail password but when I reenter it it just loops and brings up the same prompt again. I've made sure I'm typing it in correctly. I have two other gmail accounts and they're both working fine but for some reason this one doesn't want to sync. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

-Sincerely, bobofosho123

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I'm not sure what you have done to your GMail account on device but just FYI 2-step verification works as I use it too...

When you enable 2-step verification in GMail there is a application-specific password shown only once... Take that password and enter as your password on device as that password is random and doesn't require 2-step... This way you will have 2-step verification wherever GMail supports it and on-device once you enter that password it'll sync fine...

Of course if you forget this password you can generate 10 new application-specific passwords from GMail too; it would be better for you to read the 2-step guide on GMail first before applying it...