Active Topics

Is it possible to uninstall the replacement?

i can see that the following packages were changed during installation:

bme-rx-51 -> changed from 0.8.55+0m5 to 1.0-1
dsme-thermalobject-surface -> changed from 0.0.1+0m5 to 1.0-1
hald-addon-bme -> changed from 0.0.17+0m5 to 1.0-1
hostmode-gui -> changed from 0.4-1 (ii) to 0.4-1 (rc)
libbmeipc0 -> changed from 0.8.55+0m5 to 1.0-2
usbmode -> added

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
You got your answer - just install old packages (minus the usbmode and hostmode-gui things, they're unrelated). You can do it by giving apt specific version during reinstall, like:

apt-get install --reinstall bme-rx-51=0.8.55+0m5 dsme-thermalobject-surface=0.0.1+0m5

...etc, for all packages. Of course, you need to have repository containing it enabled, and if you don't want to get new stuff installed again next time you do apt-get upgrade, either disable bme replacement repo, or set all packages in question to hold:
echo "bme-rx-51 hold | dpkg --set-selections

...and so goes on for all packages. Unhold them by replacing "hold" with "install" when you want to upgrade to BME replacement, again.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Kula, Serbia
Hi guys...

I have a bit of a problem...I installed everything (KP, CSSU-T, BME replacement packages, BNF...) And it worked well. Fully charged my phone, used it untill it shut itself of and then fully charged it again...it shows only three stages: 100 %, 50% and 4%...and it often changes from 50 to 100. Olso, I can't use BNF anymore cuz it won't start. Don't know how to give output from x-term, please help.
P.s. When I charge my phone it says that battery is not calibrated.

Last edited by branja; 2014-11-05 at 17:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to branja For This Useful Post:
Are you sure that you're using most recent version of BNF (from -devel)? There were some changes aimed at supporting both bq27x00_battery module, and i2c read access, detecting which one is required.

To give output from x-term, just run said program in x-term (if required do it as root or with sudo - "sudo bnf", for example).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I'm using version 1.2, don't know if it's the latest...
The craziest thing is that it all worked well, I was able to use BNF to check everything that I wanted. I've probably installed something or deleted something by accident. This is the output from x-term after trying to start BNF.
~ $ root

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso31+0cssu0) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

Nokia-N900:~# bnf
cat: read error: No data available
/usr/sbin/bnf-bq27x00: line 21: syntax error: / 1000
Nokia-N900:~#

If you guys can't figure it out, no problemo...I'll just flash it and start from scratch when I find some spare time.

Last edited by branja; 2014-11-06 at 15:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to branja For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by branja View Post
Hi guys...

I have a bit of a problem...I installed everything (KP, CSSU-T, BME replacement packages, BNF...) And it worked well. Fully charged my phone, used it untill it shut itself of and then fully charged it again...it shows only three stages: 100 %, 50% and 4%...and it often changes from 50 to 100. Olso, I can't use BNF anymore cuz it won't start. Don't know how to give output from x-term, please help.
P.s. When I charge my phone it says that battery is not calibrated.
This has been asked and answerd in the first page of this thread, which you should have read before installing everything, or at least before asking, but here is the answer for the 100/50/4 battery problem.

Actually you have already answered yourself, as you said the phone informs you that the battery is not calibrated. Look at Estels signature and follow the link about mesuring batterys capacity on device. There you will find extraordinary good and well written guide to solve your problem by calibrating the charging chip.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kossuth For This Useful Post:
OK, it fails due to lack of calibration data + the behavior of bq27x00_battery module, that stops giving any data on actual max capacity when device is uncalibrated, instead of kindly giving exactly what the hardware is telling it (default value of 2048 mAh). I tried to convince Pali that arbitrary breaking sysfsnode ''because'' is a bad idea, and that it should report whatever chip is telling it, no matter if we, (again) arbitrary decided it's good or bad... Whatever. Probably, I should stop taking care and just put some "ERROR: Battery doesn't seem to be calibrated and kernel module is broken in this case, send bug reports to (...)" into BNF when sysnode fails, instead of it failing silently.

Anyway, you will get BNF reports back if you (as root):

Code:
modprobe -r bq27x00_battery
Then, check what it reports, but I bet it's just uncalibrated. No idea why it havent calibrated itself - I would suggest charging it to max, again, disconnecting charger (checking if bnf says "VDQ: 1"), then using it normally, until it shuts itself down. If it doesn't calibrate *again*, we might want to debug it further - Pali ensured that device doesn't shut down before calibration takes place, and it seemed to work well. Maybe you just discovered a case, where it doesn't

Or you just haven't had VDQ bit set since start, for some reason, or it got invalidated (for example, by shutting device down or rebooting it too many times - play it safe, don't shut down/reboot between charging to full and shutting down itself due to low power. And check BNf output if VDQ is still 1, from time to time... It should turn to 0 in the very last moment before shutdown, jsut after device calibrates itself).

/Estel

// Edit

Kossuth beat me to it. Thanks for the compliments, although I must admit that my guide is a little outdated, in the sense that it describes pre- BME-Replacement scenario, and while using BME replacement it should be much, much more simple - just install everything, charge to full, and discharge 'till it shuts down. unlike standard BMe, BME-Replacement *is* supposed to *not* shut down before calibration takes place.

Of course, things from the guide aren't obsolete in the meaning that it won't work - is just more "complicated" than it may be required for end user using BME Replacement . Of course, when something goes wrong, it's still perfectly usable for debugging, thanks to big sections explaining inner workings and why we're doing this or that.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Last edited by Estel; 2014-11-06 at 18:11.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
BNF works again. I will do all that in the incoming days. Fully charge it and wait 'till it shut itself of. Hopefully it wil be calibrated correct this time.
Thanks again fellas and sorry for not reading everything and posting...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to branja For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
After I moved to BMEreplacement, sometimes when I charge the battery full nowadays, the green "full" led light gets stuck somehow so that even after I remove the charger cord, if I set the screen off the green led returns. Is it something others experience and if so. is there a quick fix for this?
New version of hald-addon-bme package which should fix this problem is in bme-replacement repository. Update via apt-get. Thanks kolp for patches!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
I have problem when booting to NITdroid. The red LED is blinking some times and battery applet shows [0]. This is after BME replacement. The module bq27x00_battery disapear for 3 seconds in /sys/class/power_supply/ and back to normal 2 seconds.

The Following User Says Thank You to rewan For This Useful Post:

Tags
bme-replacement