Active Topics

Originally Posted by junooni View Post
LOL!
as per my earlier post your just a happy shiny & funny guy.
I know u love Nokia so much, but please get ur head outta sand and breath the real air, perhaps then ull come to know what happening around u. or at least on this forum.
The problem with your "points," such as they are, is that you are choosing very, very selective examples to try and paint a picture of legions of unhappy N900 owners and suggesting that anyone who questions this picture you paint is a die-hard nokia lover.

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post

(I don't really understand the "only few Apple model vs. so many Nokia models" talk... Of ocurse people who prefer Nokias offerings will not buy only one single model if a wide range of choices is available.)
Yes! and therefore that device sells alot more than the other which is out there in teh market for so long. Ive been using nokia since ever and i know for a fact that symbian had apps way before when there was no concept of iphone, but its so clear how they captured the market in a span of just 3 years...

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
The problem with your "points," such as they are, is that you are choosing very, very selective examples to try and paint a picture of legions of unhappy N900 owners and suggesting that anyone who questions this picture you paint is a die-hard nokia lover.

yeah im not making it up ..the only ppl who are defending nokia at the moment are very few in comparison to the once who are complaining right???

LOL!
I know u love Nokia so much, but please get ur head outta sand and breath the real air, perhaps then ull come to know what happening around u. or at least on this forum.
I am actually not a happy guy. If you search my posts, you will notice I keep complaining about Nokia products not being polished enough and this community needs to think more about end users. Been saying that since Dec 2008 when I joined, so I think I know my way around the forum, thank you.

I test drove one of my friends N900's and eventually decided it wasn't for me. I personally think that, for what I need, the HTC Desire would be the ideal device (as much as I hate the Dalvik VM).

However, I also think that judging Nokia before they have actually released their whole, latest platform, would be *****ic. Which, for your information, is the revamped Ovi Store, Symbian^3 and 4 with a new UI framework and UI respectively, MeeGo and the Harmattan device, among other things.

And there is also one more thing, which is very important for people in 3rd world markets (I live in one): the "bang for the buck". In that aspect, critical in many buying choices here, Nokia is the best.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
@junooni:
Why are you here? We get that you're not happy. So why don't you just sell your inadequate N900, get a miracle iPhone, and donate your left nut as tribute to the Emperor Jobs for entrance to his gated kingdom? Then you can go complain on iPhone forums 'til the cows come home. Certainly Sir Steve will hear you and resolve all your concerns.

Jeeeeezzzzz...I'm so tired of whiners....
Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
LOL!
I don't love Nokia at all, but I have seen countless polls taken on this site in which the person initiating the poll was clearly wording it in such a way as to get a negative result about the N900. All of them ended up highly positive about the N900.

I would say you don't know what is happening around you.

yeah im not making it up ..the only ppl who are defending nokia at the moment are very few in comparison to the once who are complaining right???
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
However, it is to be noted that, unhappy people tend to be more vocal than happy ones.
I wouldn't judge the amount of "Nokia Sucks" threads on this forum as any indication of any majority of N900 users liking or disliking their device.

A good portion of those threads are all started by the same people that post in eachothers threads.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
What I don't fully understand is:

Nokia reported today that their smartphone marketshare went up to 41% in Q1/2010. It was 40% in Q4/2009 and 38% in Q1/2009. So when it comes to smartphones, people buy Nokia. Period.

Last thing I remember about Apple was that their market share was around 16% and declining.

How do these figures match the "Nokia is doomed" and "Nokia has lost 2010" speech?
It's all about momentum and execution. Despite gains, Nokia does seem to be slipping there. If they don't correct course, they may find that 2010 was the peak.

The question is, how did Apple get that 16% in the first place?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Do you have something quantifiable?

Keep in mind the nature of this forum.

Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
@junooni:
Why are you here? We get that you're not happy. So why don't you just sell your inadequate N900, get a miracle iPhone, and donate your left nut as tribute to the Emperor Jobs for entrance to his gated kingdom? Then you can go complain on iPhone forums 'til the cows come home. Certainly Sir Steve will hear you and resolve all your concerns.

Jeeeeezzzzz...I'm so tired of whiners....
LOL! and then they say happy ppl dont talk much, cus look at this shiny guy up there that's all the happy ppl have got ot say, if you don't like it sell ur device.
LOL! And this one up there is into human anatomy as well, or lemme guess he donated his nuts to Nokia. I feel sorry for you pal and you losing your nuts, but the idea is not to praise apple but to compare two companies about how one has a different way to operate and capturing teh market and masses thru just one device.
No im sorry to bother you about Nokia & your nuts issue. Relax..

Tags
fud, fud-ohwait-not, just shoot me, open source