Notices

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Recife
Originally Posted by spice3d View Post
One thing I noticed that I don't remember happening with beta 7, but when playing WMAs the audio is choppy if I move through the UI while a song is playing. The choppiness stops as soon as I stop touching the UI. Does not happen with MP3s. Note that I'm using the .26 version of MPlayer. I'm not sure, but I "think" I was using the built-in N800 player with beta 7.
You can try editing .atabake/config and put inside the file:
wma=oms

this will ensure that it'll play wma with the built-in player.

BR,

The Following User Says Thank You to morphbr For This Useful Post:
@marcello: Yup, confirmed. Forcing Canola to use built-in player using morphbr's tip above plays WMAs smoothly.

Thx morphbr

I'm having an issue with the 'New Episodes List.' If I delete something from the 'My Feeds' view, and do not exit out of Canola, they remain in the New Episode list. If I exit, and come back in, they are gone. I guess it speeds up performance for the list not to regenerate every time we look at.

Not sure what the right answer is.

Hal

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ South Bend, Indiana
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so please forgive me if this is a repost.

I primarily use the 'Play Random' list of music inside of Canola to listen to my mp3s. I typically start up canola, and leave it running most of the day listening to my entire lib.

With this current release, after the first couple of songs have played, when a song stops a 1 or 2 second clip of random media will occasionally play before the next song in the 'Play Random' list. Sometimes, audio from a video will even play I have noticed a much longer lag between songs as well.

I upgraded to the current release, and I don't have any mplayer or anything installed as far as I know beyond what came installed with my n810. Keep up the good work guys!

Hmm I don't have the back button (lower left) in Canola. The thing is though... it had it when I first reinstalled it on my mmcboot yesterday. But now it seems to have dissapeared.

Edit: Interesting..

My Hildon_desktop's cpu usage is skyrocketing (I don't think it's due to Canola). But anyway, what's happening is without my 16 GB SDHC card in, the hildon_desktop cpu usage is at 10% (roughly around there). Load up canola, it loads fast and there's a back button.

Now stick in the card to my external slot, watch it skyrocket. Canola takes forever to load and no back button. Hmm..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2008-04-18 at 00:29.

last.fm plugin is problematic scrobbling played tracks. you see an error on the last.fm profile page (instead of scrobbled tracks) which will say "album info incorrect" or something like that. sorry i didn't save the message. oh, and they scrobble fine with kagu+maemoscrobbler so the problem is in the plugin and not the files.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Midwest
to be honest, never really like Canola before til now. last time ive used it was last year. anyways, downloaded the newest updates, themes, last.fm and youtube plugin. WOW i was really surprised, it works like a charm! to add, like the photos function (similar to iTouch coverflow). amazing guys, keep it up!

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hei Ferjant

This is really nice to hear it's a proof that we are not "sleeping" we are listening, doing and running towards the final version )) ( I hope so )

Marcelo

Disq: can you please test a little bit more, and see if the problem repeats it self, and tell us the song and send the files? Maybe some silly enconding problem is happening that is not being accepted by last.fm.

We will fix asap once you help us with more information

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
Hi Marcelo,

Sorry, was quite busy in the past 1-2 weeks (all college midterms are now - only 1 left!).

USB "problem" update:
1- system does not allow the creation of a symbolic link from USB (either /dev/sda1 nor /media/usb/sda1) to any flash card
2- system allows symbolic link to /home/user/MyDocs/.sounds ; canola does not follow folders in there - only the files in that folder
3- mounting /dev/sda1 onto any empty folder on any media card works.

next - language support: I'll check on my desktop to make sure, but can you tell me:
1) does Canola support cyrillic windows encoding for the ID3 tags
2) which ID3 tags does canola read v1 or v2?

finally: I created a brighter theme. here's the link:
http://adrive.com/public/ac4cc7e2f4c...5bd9b9d66.html
note: forgot to rename it; call it "clear_orange", or something better if you guys have imagination
Could you compile it and sent it to denotkine @ gmail.com

one last question: where does Canola remember the ratings I gave for the music (0-5 stars); I know it's not on the file itself, nor in the folder - is it somewhere in the system? If I move a folder (say ~100 tracks), and I want to keep the ratings, what file should I edit?
note: if there is no easy way of doing it - don't spend any time (it's a MINOR inconvenience, which can be easily overlooked)

Keep up the good work

Ilia

P.S. it's been almost 3 weeks - when's the next release due?
P.P.S. - installed the latest MPlayer (V.27, ~3 days old) - will give feedback soon.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Elmont, NY
Hello Marcelo,

Please add functionalities in future release if possible:
1. Ability to keep audio or video even if I unsubscribe to a feed
2. Ability to remove items in the “Best Rated” after I have deleted the Podcast. Currently, I have to re-download the cast then remove the ratings to remove from “Best Rated”
3. Ability to set the number of Podcast to list per feed (i.e. top 5 of 10 Podcast per feed). Some feed list all episodes and canola takes too long to parse and drain the battery.

Annoyances:
1. I find it annoying when I have to dig through menu for my Podcast. Is it possible to move the “Podcast” button as part of the main menu since it can play both audio and video.

2. Canola responds to global button input even when it’s not the foreground application. Canola pauses when I use the hardware select key to “Lock touch screen and keys”. This is a new behavior to beta 8.

I also was wondering if the Podcast module can be taken out of canola and become a plug-in.

Thank you,
Jacques