Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Can you try whether it boots with kernel-power, then if yes, without kp and with CSSU?
With CSSU and without KP? Is that even possible... not sure, but iirc KP was installed as part of CSSU which made people compliment the latter for >7days uptime and few other things. GCC/++ 4.6 installs fine with latest kp, gonna check CSSU next, but your libc(6) and libc-bin(is this even for anything) seem to have serious issues alone at this time. Keep it up guys, this looks extremely promising.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
With CSSU and without KP? Is that even possible... not sure, but iirc KP was installed as part of CSSU which made people compliment the latter for >7days uptime and few other things. GCC/++ 4.6 installs fine with latest kp, gonna check CSSU next, but your libc(6) and libc-bin(is this even for anything) seem to have serious issues alone at this time. Keep it up guys, this looks extremely promising.
thx for testing

The best way out now would be making it work in other path, e.g. /opt/meecolay/lib.
But this one gives seg fault.
What may cause this?

On the way from home I had a bit free time and I realized that newer libc6 is required by libaegis-crypto. some Apps wont work without it, e.g. forum-tmo

PS. I'm not at home so my internet access is limited.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Critical bins/libs (lib(stdc++)c, libglib... all pretty much are) might expect to be placed in static dirs. Segfaulting when accessing ../etc which is not in /opt/../ could be a thing. Same for optifying -dev packages, good luck building something on multilayered symbolic links. Please try incorporating thumb errata when building libc(6) in any case. If that is an option of course

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Critical bins/libs (lib(stdc++)c, libglib... all pretty much are) might expect to be placed in static dirs. Segfaulting when accessing ../etc which is not in /opt/../ could be a thing. Same for optifying -dev packages, good luck building something on multilayered symbolic links. Please try incorporating thumb errata when building libc(6) in any case. If that is an option of course
Sorry, but what is a thumb errata? I haven't heard about something like this?

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Sorry, but what is a thumb errata? I haven't heard about something like this?
It's faults in the CPU design that have workarounds in software published by the manufacturer.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Before installing gcc4.6 I had 20mb of rootfs space.
After, just 2mb. Apt-clean got me back to 9mb, but this didn't cut for me.

Is it ok? I mean, should it use 10mb of rootfs space?

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
It's faults in the CPU design that have workarounds in software published by the manufacturer.
OK, thx.
Could you give some practical examples?

===================

By the way, I think I know what may be the problem in runtime!
There was an option
Code:
-mfloat-abi=hard and VFP
Is there some code at all that won't run properly without that option??

Btw. I'll try compiling with gcc4.6, as this was compiled with gcc4.2. This may cause problems too.

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Thumb2 is an extension on ARM architecture that basically allows binaries and libraries to be smaller.

Our TI processor has a bug that didn't allow Thumb2 compiled binaries to run properly (they crash). To avoid that, a workaround (the errata) must be introduced in the kernel.

freemangordon is now leading an effort to build CSSU with community kernel with Thumb2 enabled.

Until then, you won't be able to use any Thumb2 binary in Fremantle.

To build properly in Fremantle, you need to deactivate hardfp and thumb2 in compiler flags.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
Before installing gcc4.6 I had 20mb of rootfs space.
After, just 2mb. Apt-clean got me back to 9mb, but this didn't cut for me.

Is it ok? I mean, should it use 10mb of rootfs space?
Compiler is not optified (yet?). It was intended for SDK (scratchbox and autobuilder).

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
By the way, I think I know what may be the problem in runtime!
There was an option
Code:
-mfloat-abi=hard and VFP
Is there some code at all that won't run properly without that option??

Btw. I'll try compiling with gcc4.6, as this was compiled with gcc4.2. This may cause problems too.
Using this switch will probably result in spontaneous reboots and/or system crashes. IIRC, Fremantle is built with mfloat-abi=softfp.

(Using -mfp=vfp is fine, as the OMAP supports that, and there have been no crashes reported from using the floating point unit. You may want to try -mfp=vfpv3 though, as we also apparently support that)

Side note - GCC 4.7.0 is available. Anyone up to try that?