Notices

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
It was possible to get cache details. Maybe geocaching.com changed their website ase baergaj already said.

Originally Posted by gregc2009 View Post
I have never been able to get cache details (NW USA). I get:
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

Other than that, it is a pretty nice program! (Though having imperial units of measure would be nice)
Hi!
I just published an update for the application (see here). If you had filed this bug at the bugtracker, as mentioned in my first post, I would have been able to help you faster :-)
But no problem, however you discovered a bug affecting all users in the southern or western hemisphere (negative latitude/longitude).

This used to work well for me but now it will not load the map tiles. It was after the last FW update. I presume a package is missing. What are the dependencies for the mapping side of it?

I have no idea what could be missing. But you can help me debugging if you open a terminal and type

python2.5 /opt/advancedcaching/core.py --hildon > debug.log 2>&1

It should produce a file "debug.log" while you are running the application. You can then post the file here or send it via e-mail to advancedcaching (at) fragcom (dot) de.

Will do. Just at the EPL Playoffs in Coventry at the moment. Will be livecasting from the N900 all weekend. Should be interesting.

I'll do the file as soon as I get a chance.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spokane, WA
Originally Posted by webhamster View Post
Hi!
I just published an update for the application (see here). If you had filed this bug at the bugtracker, as mentioned in my first post, I would have been able to help you faster :-)
But no problem, however you discovered a bug affecting all users in the southern or western hemisphere (negative latitude/longitude).
Thank you for the update. It works geat. Was out with caching nearly all day yesterday. Having those discriptions really help! I should have known to use the bugtracker. My apologies.

Version 0.5.2 is finally in the repositories and we have new discussion thread.

Ok. Was playing around some more with it. Seems the maps weren't displaying because I was somehow off the defined map area. Not quite sure how that came about but I used an existing downloaded cache and set it as target. Then I went to Show Current Target and selected it. I was then able to see map again rather than just "Cannot display map" tiles.

All appears to be well.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by webhamster View Post
As it is written in Python, it may run out of the box if all dependencies are met. The dependencies are listed here.
Has anyone tried to run this on Diablo?
It looks like a pretty GPXView on steroids (which is a good thing!).
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by bjknight View Post
Ok. Was playing around some more with it. Seems the maps weren't displaying because I was somehow off the defined map area. Not quite sure how that came about but I used an existing downloaded cache and set it as target. Then I went to Show Current Target and selected it. I was then able to see map again rather than just "Cannot display map" tiles.

All appears to be well.

This will be fixed for the next version.