Hi,
I installed Sailfish X (official version) at day one and updated to latest version. The volume during a call is very low if I turn on the loudspeaker. The volume is okay for the media player. Is this a known issue, or can this somehow be adjusted (of course the volume is already set to maximum using the volume hw-keys).
C.

The Following User Says Thank You to Caluna For This Useful Post:
Known issue, yes. First observation: only upper loudspeaker actually "speaks". Maybe we could double the volume if both loudspeakers are enabled. Don't know how to do that, of course.

The Following User Says Thank You to objectifnul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
I think it's likely this issue:

https://together.jolla.com/question/...olume-too-low/

It was raised on a recent community meeting and it seems to be known by Jolla & being worked on.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by Caluna View Post
Hi,
I installed Sailfish X (official version) at day one and updated to latest version. The volume during a call is very low if I turn on the loudspeaker. The volume is okay for the media player. Is this a known issue, or can this somehow be adjusted (of course the volume is already set to maximum using the volume hw-keys).
C.
You can set volume more then 100% with this command

pactl set-sink-volume 1 120%

Please be careful. Do not go over 150%. It can damage your speaker and distort sound.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
I have been trying to improve this low volume issue as well... I was about to start a thread on this but was too slow...

Similar (same?) improvement than above command line tool can be achieved by installing Maxvol app from Warehouse. It has also option to automatically apply the setting after reboot.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Even maxvol 200% setting isn't enough.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
I have been trying to improve this low volume issue as well... I was about to start a thread on this but was too slow...

Similar (same?) improvement than above command line tool can be achieved by installing Maxvol app from Warehouse. It has also option to automatically apply the setting after reboot.
At core it's the same. It just more fancy stuff. What i posted is just a shell command.

The Following User Says Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
I dont experience that low volume issue.
Dont know exactly why, but one thing i did different.
My Xperia is flashed with a version (Android) newer than what is nentioned in instructions. This version came online after the release and instructions sent out.

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
@nieldk Android 34.3.A.0.238 reflashed to SFOSx v2.1.3.7 ?

Last edited by objectifnul; 2017-11-24 at 20:05.

Originally Posted by objectifnul View Post
@nieldk Android 34.3.A.0.238 reflashed to SFOSx v2.1.3.7 ?
Yes, i flashed 34.3.A.0.238

I see now there is 34.3.A.0.244, but i didnt try that version.

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish x, speaker, volume