I work on N800
I input command "dbus-send --system --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd_ui com.nokia.icd_ui.disconnect boolean:true"
it does work!

And then I input command "dbus-send --type=method_call --system --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd com.nokia.icd.connect string:"WLAN_AP" uint32:0"
But it doesn't work and have not any reponse at all.

I want to connect the IAP named "WLAN_AP" which can be seen in the connection manager.

Why doesn't the command work?

Connection is not done by name, but by id in diablo. See here, for example:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=276108&postcount=3

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Connection is not done by name, but by id in diablo. See here, for example:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=276108&postcount=3
Are there some approaches to Connect IAP by name(ssid)?

Because the IAP which own an id is the connection which have ever been connected and saved. I want to connect a IAP that haven't connected before.

Without clicking in the connection manager, is there a command to realize it?

It is probably possible, but I don't know if anyone actually did this before. You need, at a minimum to create a gconf directory under
/system/osso/connectivity/IAP
and filling this directory with the same keys as are in some already existing directory, with correct values. You probably only need to change the values of the keys wlan_ssid, wlan_security and EAP_wpa_preshared_passphrase.

Originally Posted by Matan View Post
It is probably possible, but I don't know if anyone actually did this before. You need, at a minimum to create a gconf directory under
/system/osso/connectivity/IAP
and filling this directory with the same keys as are in some already existing directory, with correct values. You probably only need to change the values of the keys wlan_ssid, wlan_security and EAP_wpa_preshared_passphrase.
I have tested your way. The file "%gconf.xml" in "/var/lib/gconf/system/osso/connectivity/IAP/433e953a-2394-4577-8bf2-cfd0909406bf" path has been modified. But when I connect "433e953a-2394-4577-8bf2-cfd0909406bf" IAP using "dbus-send" command, a dialog pop and prompt me "Network connection error"

I am embarrassed in this problem. Could you have other advices for me?