Notices

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I somehow lost the records for the past ~30 hours or so. Funnier still, it looks like I also lost even the time. See the screenshot, it ends about 2am this morning. It's about 9:30pm now.

Any idea how this could happen? I've had a feww boot loops recently caused by a dodgy battery, could that have caused it? How can I fix it?

Name:  20150108210408.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  43.3 KB

EDIT:
Tapping Clear all data does nothing. The remorse timer starts and completes but after that, the "Units collected" number stays the same. So do all the graphs.

Last edited by pichlo; 2015-01-08 at 21:46.

Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Any idea how this could happen? I've had a feww boot loops recently caused by a dodgy battery, could that have caused it? How can I fix it?
EDIT:
Tapping Clear all data does nothing. The remorse timer starts and completes but after that, the "Units collected" number stays the same. So do all the graphs.
Check settings page, if daemon is enabled and running right now.
If you have installed new sysmon update recently, and you phone have been rebooted, daemon may not autostart, because autostart method has been changed.
Also make sure that you are running latest version: 0.6-21

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Version is 0.6-21. Daemon is enabled and autostarted. I should add (wanted to but the battery died) that clearing all data has no effect. The remorse timer starts and completes but all the graphs and the "Units collected" figure stay the same. Changing the period has no effect either. I would expect the data archve size to change but it doesn't.

EDIT:
I just looked up and spotted my edit. Looks like the phone somehow managed to post it before the battery died.

Anyway, I stopped the daemon, closed SysMon, deleted base.sqlite, started SysMon and the daemon again and now the database is filling up again. Yey!

Last edited by pichlo; 2015-01-08 at 22:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Anyway, I stopped the daemon, closed SysMon, deleted base.sqlite, started SysMon and the daemon again and now the database is filling up again. Yey!
So, perhaps was the database corrupted?

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
I noticed that on my phone System Monitor graph got interrupted and I recalled that after a phone reboot I did not start it again.
However, after I restarted the application, the graph is now joining the last known point before the stop to the new ones.

I'm not sure whether to call it a 'bug', it depends on how you look at it, but IMHO it would be more correct to just leave the blank non-monitored area as it is, rather than making an interpolation. Or at very least, draw it e.g. with a dotted line.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
I'm not sure whether to call it a 'bug', it depends on how you look at it, but IMHO it would be more correct to just leave the blank non-monitored area as it is, rather than making an interpolation. Or at very least, draw it e.g. with a dotted line.
The point of interpolation is: your phone still discharging while data is not gathered, and memory usage is growing, or lowering, and so on.
I have added feature request for dashed drawing style or empty graphs for missing data.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Thanks, had the same problem and that fixed it, maybe an option from inside the app to do the same would be helpful

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Hey, thank you for this app, it works great and has a nice polished interface.

I have a couple of small suggestions...if the default time period for graph data was 1h, it wouldn't look like nothing was happening when the app is first launched after installation. Second, you've been kind enough to share the source but there's no link on the app description on openrepos, which made me think it wasn't open source at first! Please add a link

Thanks again.

Tags
sysmon, system monitor