A nice mirror for a lot of qt sdk versions:
ftp://ftp.informatik.hu-berlin.de/pu...l.no/QT/qtsdk/

Last edited by xes; 2014-04-17 at 21:48.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by xes View Post
A nice mirror for a lot of qt sdk versions:
ftp://ftp.informatik.hu-berlin.de/pu...l.no/QT/qtsdk/
Amazing to see a mirror still up! I went ahead and downloaded the offline Mac version 1.1.4, but it only had the Harmattan toolchain, and the package manager didn't have any other options. So, I tried downloading the 1.1.2 version, and it didn't have either the Harmattan or Maemo toolchains; however, the package manager did note that you could download the Maemo toolchain. So, I went ahead and clicked on it, and amazingly, it started downloading!

I don't know where it's getting the data from, but it successfully downloaded the entire toolchain. (It popped up a single error message at the end, but I just clicked "ignore", and went ahead with the installation.)

So, if you want a full Qt installation with a Maemo toolchain and all, try out an "offline" version of SDK 1.1.2! Don't wait. Who knows just how long the repository supporting this version will remain up...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
And how about old phone, N900?

http://maemovmware.garage.maemo.org/ and site of VirtualBOX images has links to internet tablet server, was be locate on Nokia Servers.

Anybody can talk, how I can get VM images (preffer VirtualBOX, VmWare also good)?

Originally Posted by sHaggY_caT View Post
And how about old phone, N900?
Yes, in fact, the 1.1.2 "offline" version of the Qt SDK still supports the N900 (at least for now); you just have to download the "Maemo" toolchain. It even comes with a N900 simulator, set up automatically for you...

I'm sorry, I'm confuse. In last (1 years before) I use VirtualBox image.
Now i whant write some code, but I'm delete this image 2-3 mounths before, becouse I am extreamly needed disk space.

Could you send link to manual of install SDK with avaible methods, please?

Could you send link to manual of install SDK with avaible methods, please?
Hmm. If I'm reading it right, the Maemo virtual image your link pointed to was for the GTK version of the Maemo SDK, before Nokia made the switch to using Qt. Unfortunately, I doubt you'll be able to find that particular product any more, as that website is very, very old. I've personally never done any GTK development, but there are a wiki pages that describe how to set up and use the scratchbox environment, if you're willing to create the environment manually.

I prefer to use the Qt SDK; unfortunately, with Nokia's move to the Windows Phone OS (and the various unfortunate events associated with that move), Qt had to drop support for all the Nokia products in its current releases. But, you can still use an older version of the Qt SDK, if you can find one, such as from the link above.

And, there's recently been a move to set up on-device development, if you're interested.

But I guess the first question is, what exactly is your goal? Getting a working development environment up and running today is going to take some effort, so you should probably take a little time beforehand to consider what kind of environment you want...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much to answer!

QT SDK, I think, is good idea, becouse my code use PyQT, python, and bash.
How I can use IT?

QT SDK, I think, is good idea, becouse my code use PyQT, python, and bash.
How I can use IT?
Ah, well, if you're into Python, you probably already know that you can run any pure Python script by simply copying it over to the N900 and telling Python to run it -- that's the advantage of interpreted languages over compiled ones.

As to the Qt bindings for Python, I'm not sure -- I've never used PyQt myself. I'm not sure you really need to download an SDK for PyQt. Let's see... there is a wiki page with some tips on using Python on Maemo. There are some good threads on using PyQt as well...

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Ah, well, if you're into Python, you probably already know that you can run any pure Python script by simply copying it over to the N900 and telling Python to run it -- that's the advantage of interpreted languages over compiled ones.

As to the Qt bindings for Python, I'm not sure -- I've never used PyQt myself. I'm not sure you really need to download an SDK for PyQt. Let's see... there is a wiki page with some tips on using Python on Maemo. There are some good threads on using PyQt as well...

But coding with x86 computer is more comfortable than more iteration of coding on PC, copy to phone, debug, coding on PC, copy to phone...

Have any working chroot/VM will be better.
Is any way to get it?

Last edited by sHaggY_caT; 2014-04-30 at 22:10.

Have any working chroot/VM will be better.
Is any way to get it?
Well, I'll admit having a good emulator is a convenient luxury. I myself tend to do the code on pc, deploy to phone, debug, code on pc thing, though. I think your best bet would be to set up a "Scratchbox" environment (as described in the links above); that seems to be the most popular way to get an N900 emulator up and running right now...