I am having quite a few problems with both WLAN and Mobile Data connections.

With Mobile Data I set the settings for vodafone as per this thread yesterday and initially it worked. However today the connection via mobile data was "disabled" nothing I did would restore it. Eventually I did a reset device and I got the internet connection back. However after reinstalling from the store and the phone upgrading to 1.0.1.12 it has again lost the connection.

Nothing I do in the systems settings reestablishes the connection. I also tried the SIM in an android phone and it established a connection straightaway.

On top of that it also refused to connect to any WLAN, either my work or home. I dont even get prompted for user/pass it just says "Sorry. Could not connect to selected neetwork"

Getting pretty frustrated here as at the moment without web connection I cannot set up email, contacts, etc.........

Any suggestions?

Last edited by blobbyblobby2000; 2013-12-20 at 12:47.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by blobbyblobby2000 View Post
Any suggestions?
One thing to test would be to visit airplain mode and then come back from it. As it might help on out of sync connection settings problem.

And if you have your AP in connection list (and happen to have wrong passwd entered) you can long press the item and choose forget settings tab (that should enable entering passwd again).
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Got my Jolla 3 days ago. In first day I went back to my N900 because mobile data connection doesn't work. Very frustrating!

I'm from Germany and have a contract with 1&1 (vodafone reseller). APN has to be configured manually to: web.vodafone.de
No username or password is needed.

I also had no idea, that behind the 'BILD Mobilportal' you can configure your APN with a long pressed button.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Seems to be a common thing with Vodafone that you have to configure your APN manually. Normally this shouldn't be needed as the operator does it automatically when registering to the network.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I ended up ringing Vodafone as my settings weren't working, and the automated text service didn't reply back with the settings (see bugs and glitches thread). Although the CS guy said the phone wasn't supported he talked me through my settings, and in the end, after a reboot, the 3G is working fine.

The settings for Vodafone UK 3G pay monthly are thus:
Connection name: Internet (didn't change)
Access point name: internet
Type: Internet
Security
Username: web
Password: web

Oh and I'm on a business plan, If it still doesn't work for you, then ring Vodafone for the consumer settings.

Last edited by mrsellout; 2013-12-20 at 22:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
The official stance from Vodafone UK is to text the word "WEB" to 40127 and they will send you the right settings.

There are two connections: wap:wap@wap.vodafone.co.uk and web:web@internet (user:passwd@apn). The wap connection is (apparently) considered by Vodafone to be legacy but some apps still use WAP and internet connections should also work with WAP. The question remains - are there any Sailfish apps that need WAP?

Tags
jolla, mobile data