Notices

Originally Posted by Mythic
During the installation of plucker you had an option to add "convert to plucker" to txt and html file popup menus. Write a simple text file (just a sentence in english) and try to convert it.
Same problem. The end result when displayed in Plucker is a blank page.

As for Sunrise. Wow. I have no idea what to do with that one. Does it even accept txt files?

Confused: I downloaded 2 days ago the file plucker_0.28-1.8-6_arm.deb and installed it but it didn't launch. What is the latest/working version for Plucker/retail 770?

Some progress: I found Pluckers port/home page (=?), oss.kernelconcepts.de and there a quite hidden info that Plucker Reader for 770 needs two (!!) files, plucker
itself and libsglite-library-file!
Voilá, now Plucker launches but but but I cannot open any pdb-file for reading, Pluckers library function is not working.
Do I need some library file more?
The info for _ordinary users_ seems to be surprisingly hidden and complicated.

After installing Plucker it didn't show any documents. I tried to use function "Add" to one document but nothing showed in the main page. After restarting program, there was the same document which I added in the main page,which could be opened and read. So I added every Plucker PDB file I had (four documents/in MMC/from memoware) one by one with Add-function and restarted Plucker. Voilá, my four book library was ready to be read!
Working: Yes, Cumbersome: Yes.

Though done as Titus adviced: no eBooks in Plucker Library.
What are the .deb-files of the Plucker installer you have installed to your 770?

Originally Posted by Maerra
Though done as Titus adviced: no eBooks in Plucker Library.
What are the .deb-files of the Plucker installer you have installed to your 770?
libsqlite0_2.8.13-2_arm and plucker_0.28-1.8-6_arm

Yessh, some progress: 770/Plucker works and "works" (!) but only (=?) with those couple of the model eBooks introduced at the Plucker site. Unfortunately I did my first tries with my old eBooks (same .pdb extention), which 770/Plucker seems to be unable to open. So - "wrong" subformats should be translated to 770/Plucker-format, I suppose, but how.
BTW: maemo's Application Cataloque states now firmly that its even "ready" applications (and corresponding info) are for developers only, not for any kind of
"end-using".
And let's remember that 770 Apps Installer declares before the actual installation that the function is "for developers only"!!!!

The 770 should be _clearly_ very suitable for eBook reading. I have used my Nokia 6600 for such a reading in special situations but what a difference between 6600 and 770. The only minus, now, is the lack of decent Reader and, generally speaking, too large variety of eBook-file formats.

But the Plucker Reader for 770 works at least this way :
- Plucker seems to be unable to show "old" or "non-plucker"-.pdb-files.
- for conversion I tried Plucker's own (Windows) Converter program, but it was for me far too complicated, so no success.
- Project Gutenberg has on its site an amazing number of _free_ eBooks (though quite old literature), and the nice thing is that they have there Online Conversion Utility for their every (?) eBook. It produces Plucker readable files (don't be confused about the strange file names). The 770 Plucker shows them beautifully!

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
When I open the 7.7 mb CIA World Factbook with color images (at memoware ), I have no problems in Plucker Viewer on the 770. The 225 or so countries and dependencies are each created from their own page and link to the Table of Contents. No one page is very long.

But any book I open made from a single text file -- one long page as it were -- stops short after approximately 28,500 characters (exclusive of markup) when I'm reading it in the 770. This includes texts from several sources, including PG.

This happens even when Plucker Viewer is the only app open.

Are others experiencing the same thing?