Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I had got it quite long ago.

I had posted details here as well, but couldn't find my own post...

Hint1: All in one gestures.

Hint2: For non-root (I did not unlock bootloader on my Sony device)

Code:
adb shell pm grant com.phoenixstudios.aiogestures android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS; pm grant com.phoenixstudios.aiogestures android.permission.SET_ANIMATION_SCALE
Two years with gestures and I actually did not miss MeeGo "that" much...
Video which you mention presents very not fluid experience. But I saw video presenting Xposed Swipe Back which is very fluid.

Only pros of my app is that it doesn't need root.. My Swipe UI looks uglier because it cannot show app behind when you are swiping out (Android limitations).

So I don't think that there is any sense in finishing this app. Just install Xposed and Swipe Back.

Ok, just for clarity. I know that there are lot of people, who don't want to root their phone, because they don't want to break their phone or lost warranty (or something else).

So, I will cleary describe what will my app do:
  1. Minimizing app will be customizable (you can choose left, down, right, top edge. Preffered edge is right, because there is no status bar, nav bar and hamburger menu.
  2. While doing Swipe gesture (let's say you are swiping from right edge to center of screen) there will not be visible home screen in background. This is limitation of Android SDK. I am thinking about some text in background like "minimize".
  3. Works for every application, also for OpenGL based applications and games.

I wonder if anyone is interessed in this app now. If you want this, please repost or click "thanks" button. If no one will like it, I will stop developing this .
Thanks for attention!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kubaork For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by kubaork View Post
Ok, just for clarity. I know that there are lot of people, who don't want to root their phone, because they don't want to break their phone or lost warranty (or something else).

So, I will cleary describe what will my app do:
  1. Minimizing app will be customizable (you can choose left, down, right, top edge. Preffered edge is right, because there is no status bar, nav bar and hamburger menu.
  2. While doing Swipe gesture (let's say you are swiping from right edge to center of screen) there will not be visible home screen in background. This is limitation of Android SDK. I am thinking about some text in background like "minimize".
  3. Works for every application, also for OpenGL based applications and games.

I wonder if anyone is interessed in this app now. If you want this, please repost or click "thanks" button. If no one will like it, I will stop developing this .
Thanks for attention!
No need for drama, you're great if want to share your hard work, and you'll get what you deserve

I wouldn't mind trying it

So if you were to have a preview of the background, do you need to allow your app to use root (like the xposed module) or it's because yours is an android app and not an xposed module?

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I think it would be nice to get the Jolla Launcher app running correctly. Currently it works, for the most part, on Android Kit Kat and fails on Lollipop version. Is there any interest in getting this going?

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Did Jolla open source the Launcher app? Now THAT would be nice.

I had the Jolla angry birds Stella launcher running at one point on my Sony Z1c and z3c tablet and it was ok. The icons were scaled badly and the transitions weren't so smooth but it was nice to have a nice UI and a working calendar, SIP and navigation.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Did Jolla open source the Launcher app? Now THAT would be nice.

I had the Jolla angry birds Stella launcher running at one point on my Sony Z1c and z3c tablet and it was ok. The icons were scaled badly and the transitions weren't so smooth but it was nice to have a nice UI and a working calendar, SIP and navigation.
I felt the Jolla app didn't scale that well on my tablet but looked ok on my Note 3. Btw, this is what I use on my Note edge. I have Swipeback2 to swipe apps and I use Total Launcher to have a swipe interface with my different screens including app drawer. For example, I swipe to the Ieft to get to app drawer and then it scrolls vertically to get to all apps. I like this is better than current Jolla set up to get to apps. I also set up one screen with widgets to put a todo list, message notifications an a calendar. Jolla integration of notifications is better though. All in fun!
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
I would like to have the Jolla Launcher back.
I've seen various apps offering swipe-a-like stuff by hooking into various Android APIs (inc. accessibility) but nothing which offers the "full package" as we know it.
kubaork - I assume your app does something similar - is your end goal to get similar to the Jolla Launcher?

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
So if you were to have a preview of the background, do you need to allow your app to use root (like the xposed module) or it's because yours is an android app and not an xposed module?
This is just an Android App. My app will be for users, who don't want to root their phone but still want to get Swipe Gesture.

Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
I would like to have the Jolla Launcher back.
I've seen various apps offering swipe-a-like stuff by hooking into various Android APIs (inc. accessibility) but nothing which offers the "full package" as we know it.
kubaork - I assume your app does something similar - is your end goal to get similar to the Jolla Launcher?
No. My app will only work in background and will give you possibility to close/minimize app by Swiping from edge.

But my app should work with any launcher

The Following User Says Thank You to kubaork For This Useful Post: