Notices

I did use this command 'rm rt*' (whats that exactly? dont wanna remeber again!) while installing NITDroid.
And I ended up with NO BOOT at all! so I flashed N900 but only could flash by using 'combine.bin'
I wanted to delete '/and' folder but I used this command for '/home/user'.
I know I have done a BIG mistake but do me a favor and for God's sake give me a solution for this.

ow I have all my Data with me.Contacts and everything.but can not use N900 as I used to

Problems I face :
1) My legend phone can not read SIM card.
2)It does not connect through USB so no chance to update its software through NOKIA Software Updater.

Its just a media player now,it kills me!!
I can connect to my WiFi,is there any chance I can fix things up using X-terminal or Apps Manager?

So please,please and please REPLY asap if you have any suggestion in your mind.

I wanna see my N900 working as it used to!

Please guys help me out,please asap!!

Do you mean 'rm -rf *'? If so you deleted everything under the folder you were in. 'rm rt*' would only remove filenames beginning in 'rt', which shouldn't be very much/anything.
If it was the former you almost certainly need to reflash. Follow these instructions, and flash both the main image and the emmc http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...ng_the_Flasher

Last edited by patstew; 2011-03-01 at 17:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to patstew For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by patstew View Post
Do you mean 'rm -rf *'? If so you deleted everything under the folder you were in. 'rm rt*' would only remove filenames beginning in 'rt', which shouldn't be very much/anything.
If it was the former you almost certainly need to reflash. Follow these instructions http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...ng_the_Flasher
I am trying to reflash N900 but it only can reflash using 'combine.bin' file.If I use 'eMMC.bin' it gets stuck at 'device starting at Flash mode.............USB device not foung,waiting'

N900 connects through 'Mass Storage Mode' but not through USB mode so how can I use NSU or OVI suite?

Thanks for the reply.

MY PHONE DOES NOT GO IN USB MODE.

and flashing eMMC requires USB mode,so is there any other solution/option for this?

does Ubuntu need that usb mode too?

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by vicvanceind View Post
Thanks for the reply.

MY PHONE DOES NOT GO IN USB MODE.

and flashing eMMC requires USB mode,so is there any other solution/option for this?

does Ubuntu need that usb mode too?
Linux should work flawless to connect and to flash. Mac is okay too, did u pressed the U-key while connecting the cable to the usb-host?

Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
Linux should work flawless to connect and to flash. Mac is okay too, did u pressed the U-key while connecting the cable to the usb-host?
Yes I did.

I can flash fiasco but not eMMC.When I use flasher,after 'device starting at flash mode'.........usb device not found,waiting...

and then my task bar shows 'problems...your USB...your new hardware may not work properly'

It means that my phone is not able to get connected through USB mode.Also sometime flasher says 'error configuring USB' so its damn about USB man!!!

What now? please!

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by vicvanceind View Post
Yes I did.

I can flash fiasco but not eMMC.When I use flasher,after 'device starting at flash mode'.........usb device not found,waiting...

and then my task bar shows 'problems...your USB...your new hardware may not work properly'

It means that my phone is not able to get connected through USB mode.Also sometime flasher says 'error configuring USB' so its damn about USB man!!!

What now? please!
Please post more information! Did u tried with Linux or Windows? I don't have such problems with Linux. Maybe ur USB is broken it is a common problem of this device. And also there is a strict order which binary u have to flash first. I didn't remember if it is fiasco or eMMc. Please read the wiki about flashing again!

Last edited by epitaph; 2011-03-02 at 04:21.

Thanks.
I used Windows.
My USB is not broken.

I flashed fiasco first(eMMc must be flashed first) as somebody said it does not matter much.

but I could not flash eMMC because of this USB issue.

Thanks.
I used Windows.
My USB is not broken.

I flashed fiasco first(eMMc must be flashed first) as somebody said it does not matter much.

but I could not flash eMMC because of this USB issue.