Notices

I'm sorry if this is a redundant question but with all the info available about google talk vs. google voice and all the related apps... it's hard to find info. Been searching awhile...

So here's what I've discovered. I'm running an N900 with kernel-power-v52, CSSUthumb... all that good stuff.

In the contacts application, many of my contacts have only the button labeled "google talk IM". The buttons for "google talk call" and "google talk video call" are missing... even though they can "google talk call" me just fine.

So I had one of those people delete me from their google contacts (took a few minutes to even figure out how to do that on the gmail website). Then I had them re-add me to their contacts (forcing google to re-send me their invite).

I did not receive or have to accept any invite on my N900 (probably because I didn't delete them from my google account contacts).... however... I DO NOW have the buttons to "google talk call" and "google talk video call" them.

So the question is.... do I have to do this for all my google contacts or is there any other way to make those buttons re-appear?

Thanks

UPDATE: nevermind, i was wrong. as soon as the other person logs off gmail with their laptop, my 'call' buttons disappear. So if they are online with their android phone, I can only IM them. Can't call or video call.

Sounds like google specifically blocked this feature.