Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I already posted, but over two posts, so thanks.

*edit*
I did post all 4 parts.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-09-26 at 09:58.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Hi guys! I've been in Spain on holiday for 6 days and came back today. Found that there were about 800+ new post since I last followed up on this thread. I have now read all the new comments and to my amazement it seems that an e-mail that was sent to the n9pilot winners (me being one on them) has not been leaked here. On one hand, I'm a bit sad (read mad!) cuz I'll have to wait a bit longer, but on the other hand I'm happy cuz now I know for sure when I'll have a N9 in my hands

Sorry for not translating the e-mail below! No time right now cuz I have to go to lunch! But If you have any questions I'm sure mikecomputing will happily help you with the translation

Email received 2011.09.23

"Hej på er alla N9 Piloter!

Hoppas ni haft en bra vecka!
Idag har jag glädjen att bjuda in er till Kick-off för den spännande testperioden som väntar oss!

På plats kommer ni först och främst mötas av er splitternya Nokia N9 som väntar. Därefter blir det en spännande genomgång av telefonen och ni får tillfälle att ställa frågor till Maria Sundequist från Nokia Academy och Klas Ström, Nokias produktchef.

Självklart kommer även jag vara där och berätta om de spännande utmaningar vi kommer genomföra tillsammans de efterföljande fyra veckorna.

Du får din telefon, möjlighet att lära dig mer om den, träffa representanter från Nokia och fika tillsammans med andra testpiloter.

N9 Pilot Kick-off

Var?
Nokias huvudkontor, Torshamnsgatan 20, Kista

När?
Torsdagen den 13 oktober klockan 17.00 - 18.30

Hur?
Du anmäler att du kommer genom att maila mig på "#%&"&@blabla. Gör gärna detta så fort som möjligt och senast fredagen den 1 oktober.

Om jag inte kan komma?
Har du inte möjlighet att komma på kick-offen så skickar vi såklart dig din Nokia N9 med posten (då får du den några dagar efter kickoffen) och ser till att du kommer igång ordentligt.

Viktigt att tänka på!
Oavsett om du kommer på kick-offen eller inte så måste du se till att du har ett microsim-kort för att kunna använda telefonen. Hör av dig till din operatör och fråga vad som gäller. Om du idag har den modernare varianten av sim-kort (till vänster på den bifogade bilden) så kan vi stansa ut detta på plats, vilket gör sim-kortet kompatibelt med din Nokia N9.

Vänliga hälsningar
J."

Last edited by eMiL; 2011-09-26 at 10:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eMiL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
I haven't seen this commercial before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miaIka-jHAs
Unless something changed, thing they show 23 seconds into that video is something which is not possible to do on the N9. (where you can swipe to an already playing video) I WISH it can do that as that would be freaking awesome. But if it can't, that to me is just false advertising.

Last edited by jakiman; 2011-09-26 at 09:49.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
The biggest problem with developers is they move on far too quickly and don't stay around long enough to make a real impression.

God knows Nokia has pissed many of them off and the main reason they flopped in the software dept.

If they had only put money into dev's we would have seen a completely different story than the one we see today.

They started Maemo then dropped it, they started Meego then dropped it so with a bit of luck they will drop Elop and get back to brass tacks.

Nokia should have made a statement to the world regarding the release of the N9 but they choose to once again keep everyone waiting and the fact they have publicly stated they have dropped Meego sums it all up really.

While Elop is in charge Meego has got no chance so why are you lot so eager for this device knowing it will not get supported by the CEO of the very company manufacturing it is beyond me.

This should be a WP thread not N9.

Here is the translation of that email eMiL posted.

"Hello everyone N9 Pilots!

Hope you had a good week!
Today I have the pleasure to invite you to kick-off for the exciting test period that awaits us!

On site you will first meet with your brand new Nokia N9 waiting. Then it becomes an exciting review of the phone and you get an opportunity to ask questions to Maria Sund Quist from Nokia Academy and Vanjoki, Nokia's product manager.

Of course, even I have to be there and tell you about the exciting challenges we will carry out together the next four weeks.

You get your phone, the opportunity to learn more about it, meet with representatives from Nokia and refreshments along with other test pilots.

N9 Pilot Kick-off

Where?
Nokia's headquarters, Torshamnsgatan 20, Kista

When?
Thursday 13 October at 17:00 to 18:30

How?
To register, you will by e-mailing me at "#%&"&blabla. Please do this as soon as possible and no later than Friday 1 October.

If I can not come?
If you are unable to get the kick-off and we'll send you your course Nokia N9 in the mail (when you get it a few days after kick off) and make sure you get off the ground.

Important to remember!
Whether you come to kick-off or not, you have to make sure you have a MicroSim card to use your phone. Please contact your carrier and ask what rules apply. If you currently have the more modern version of the sim card (on the left of the attached picture) so we can punch it in place, making the sim card is compatible with your Nokia N9.

Best regards
J. "

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-09-26 at 09:40.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
This should be a WP thread not N9.
You wish!

Originally Posted by franchg View Post
You wish!
You know what, i am beggining too yes.

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Unless something changed, 23 seconds into that video is something which is not possible to do on the N9. (where you can swipe to an already playing video) I WISH it can do that as that would be freaking awesome. But if it can't, that to me is just false advertising.
You got it on one but look where it came from... nothing directly to do with Nokia at all.

These vids are all propaganda in my opinion.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Posted earlier ^ except part 4
Nokia Australia
The Nokier N9

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfeqG3QJcT8

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_2rA2kdgUs

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB3BByibWGA

Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1H288D_wNo

I haven't seen this commercial before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miaIka-jHAs

KIRF N9's
10:47 Chinese video with a green "N9" along with the other 3 colors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezzTusd1Kus
Looks like they put a symbian OS with touch wiz and cube transitions and mixed other OS features into it, weird.
Lol at 7:45 they have girls in dresses on the screen and when you blow on the phone their dress hikes up. lol
Or you can erase the dress off by rubbing to get to the bikini.
woot are they already pirate copy N9 :O

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Brilliant post. I quote it here because it's very much worth repeating. In fact, it should be part of a tmo wiki.

Oh, and abill_uk is a tool.
Couldn't agree more, esp. that last sentence!

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????