Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
HERE sucks here!
maybe its useful north from Denmark... i hope for ModRana, Track@Way, Mapsi to be ported.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
I'll just star ignoring people who quote and respond to trolls like lumiaman as well i guess

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
no one has the demo of text input, email functionality, as well as android functionality. and you are buying this device? emperor wears no clothes and you are buying into it.....wow....what a critical thinkin crowd

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Gotta to love tue teenage no. Give me an alternative.
Zoho.com + Libre Office

Didn't need MS for years

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
no one has the demo of text input, email functionality, as well as android functionality. and you are buying this device? emperor wears no clothes and you are buying into it.....wow....what a critical thinkin crowd
I am critical. I worry about android apps right management.

Not so much about text input, it has sucked on every touch screen device since marketing decided nobody wanted hardware keyboards anymore.

For email ,I am all set and it is not that important suppose I can hook my laptop using BT and use the Jolla device as a dial up modem.

Here drive navigation: fingers crossed that it will be feature complete.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
I wonder if you started breathing after seeing demo? There are many things you adopted in your life, without asking for proof/demo, right? People buy products for many reasons. May be for you email is most important (i don't how), but for us its the experience, the feel we get from OS. I am satisfied with my N9 email client. I am using it quite frequently. You have the right to stick with your belief. Well so do we :-)

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
I am critical. I worry about android apps right management.

Not so much about text input, it has sucked on every touch screen device since marketing decided nobody wanted hardware keyboards anymore.

For email ,I am all set and it is not that important suppose I can hook my laptop using BT and use the Jolla device as a dial up modem.

Here drive navigation: fingers crossed that it will be feature complete.

I don't think we will ever see Here drive on Sailfish. Just the maps.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
As satisfied user of previous model (N9) i know what i buy.
And i know one: no way to buy MS WP crap ..

BTW: text input is Maliit engine, same as on N9 and is perfect. Everybody is able make own keyboard definition. I have two selfmade VKB.

With eXchange emails SailfishOS have not more problems then WP email client.

Who need Android crap app ? Maybe few games? eh .. possibility to run Android and Tizen apps is only BONUS. Is possible run both type of apps on your mobile OS ?? NOT! .. chacha ..

Edit 3/3 2014: Lumiaman, go and buy self Nokia X with Android. Then you will know something about wrong phone concept. LOL

Last edited by Kaacz; 2014-03-03 at 20:08.

Tags
here maps, nokia, sailfish os