Starting a separate thread because it got lost in the general Sailfish X thread.

Several applications seem to have problems with audio input and output. So far I've identified the following:
  • CuteSpot: no audio output
  • Julius speech recognition: no audio input
  • alsaaudio module (python): no audio input or output.

I'm not sure what the commonality is between them. CuteSpot uses QtMultimedia; Julius uses either OSS or ALSA, and alsaaudio of course uses ALSA. They all seem to work fine on Jolla, OnePlus X, Nexus 5 and Nexus 4.
I'm hoping to find a solution to this. CuteSpot has a temporary solution (running the Android Spotify app instead) but of course that won't work on the community build. Julius and alsaaudio are both used by Saera, so work on that has come to a stop until I have an audio solution again.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I have to disagree on CuteSpot, it is one of my most-used applications and it works just about perfect on XperiaX (Kymijoki 2.1.3.7)

Of the othet thingies I have no idea, never used 'em.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Interesting, looks like I'm still on 2.1.3.5. I'll update to latest version and see if that fixes the issues.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Interesting, looks like I'm still on 2.1.3.5. I'll update to latest version and see if that fixes the issues.
Regarding CuteSpot, do you use the version from Openrepos or from the Jolla Store? The first one is affected by the no sound problem you described.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Regarding CuteSpot, do you use the version from Openrepos or from the Jolla Store? The first one is affected by the no sound problem you described.
I use the version from Jolla store. What's the difference between them; I assume the openrepos version is more recent?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Since 2.1.0.9 the openrepos version doesn't output sound, Jolla Store version does.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Since 2.1.0.9 the openrepos version doesn't output sound, Jolla Store version does.
Not much use then, that one.... I don't really see many other reasons to have a spotify client than listening to music, huh?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Ah, I did indeed install it from openrepos. Why's there a difference between the two?

Edit: Installed Jolla Store version, sound does indeed work.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Regarding alsa: It seems that ALSA enumerates a single sound card (msm8976tashasnd), but throws an error when trying to connect to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
As far as I can tell SailfishX doesn't support 5.1 audio out.

I've copied a downloaded file that plays fine on a PC, but there's no audio when I try to watch it on my phone.

does another player (using default only for now) down mix to 2.0 audio? or is this a hardware limitation?

Last edited by rfa; 2017-12-29 at 20:05. Reason: add detail

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rfa For This Useful Post:

Tags
audio, sailfish x