Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pasko View Post
Hi.
I just found this thread and I can't believe I didn't find it before!.
For the sonoff you could also upgrade the flash memory from 1mb to 4mb. I used the following chip.

winbond 25Q32FVSIG [3V 32M-Bit(4MB) Serial (SPI) Flash Memory].

But this could be for you more of interest and is more professional with an arduino inside. They have no wifi on board but a lan port.

https://www.controllino.biz/

https://www.industrialshields.com/ btw from spain.

Tested already controllino maxi and industrial shield mduino 58, 57R+ and ardbox. They are all great but you need to make your own code and apps.

Last edited by Halftux; 2019-01-31 at 20:12.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
For the sonoff you could also upgrade the flash memory from 1mb to 4mb. I used the following chip.

winbond 25Q32FVSIG [3V 32M-Bit(4MB) Serial (SPI) Flash Memory].

But this could be for you more of interest and is more professional with an arduino inside. They have no wifi on board but a lan port.

https://www.controllino.biz/

https://www.industrialshields.com/ btw from spain.

Tested already controllino maxi and industrial shield mduino 58, 57R+ and ardbox. They are all great but you need to make your own code and apps.
Hi.

Thank you very much for the info & the links.

Best Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
Finally, I got it all working, not sure where I went wrong initially, but now I have the tasmota web interface. No more crawling under tables on cold tiles to turn the power off.

Be nice if the web interface was.....a little less bland, but I understand that customising takes up valuable memory/space on the switch. Also, seeing as I'm only using a basic sonoff switch, it would be nice not to see all other buttons except 'Toggle', as that's all I can use anyway.

Thanks for input & hints guys.

EDIT: Initially, the tasmota web interface was slow, I blamed this on my ageing router. In the end, I checked out the Firmware Upgrade button, pursed my lips and clicked it.....within a few painless minutes, my tasmota fw was updated OTA from 5.4.1 to 6.4.1 and now the web interface is pretty quick (sorry Netgear DG384GT, you're forgiven!).

I think I will take a look at customising the web interface UI and reduce all other buttons except for 'Toggle' to a hidden menu......sounds like a challenge!

I also noticed a Home Automation app in Openrepos for SFOS (Home Assistant) that appears to be compatible with tasmota https://openrepos.net/content/aa13q/...sistant-client

Last edited by Markkyboy; 2019-02-16 at 19:01.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
In Configuration -> Configure module you can choose your model (Sonoff Basic), and after restart it will only show available buttons in ui.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
In Configuration -> Configure module you can choose your model (Sonoff Basic), and after restart it will only show available buttons in ui.
It was already set on that, but thanks for input though

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Well, I kinda succeeded in altering the buttons on the Tasmota UI, not quite what I was after, but it is a start!

I'm not sure where the fine dotted black lines have come from on the 'Toggle' button, but at least the UI can be altered, even if only a little.

I used Atom to create the custom firmware, as per a hint from coderus. My only gripe with Atom is it causes 100% CPU usage. My system is not short on resources, yet it still takes around 30 minutes to compile the 520kb firmware.bin file.
Attached Images

Okay, after a short crash course in basic CSS style formatting and extensive fiddling with Tasmota's 'xrdv_01_webserver.ino' file via Atom, I finally got what I was after initially, narrower buttons and a black background, yay!...and for fun, I also made an SFOS style launcher icon to start Tasmota.

Also, I can now pinch-to-zoom the UI - handy for tired eyes late at night!

If anyone is remotely interested in this subject, leave a comment and I'll upload my current 'firmware.bin' for use with a Tasmota converted 'Sonoff Basic Switch'.

My file size when built: 520kb

Original UI on the left, my custom UI on the right - much better, no?
Attached Images

Last edited by Markkyboy; 2019-02-21 at 18:01.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
Okay, after a short crash course in basic CSS style formatting and extensive fiddling with Tasmota's 'xrdv_01_webserver.ino' file via Atom, I finally got what I was after initially, narrower buttons and a black background, yay!...and for fun, I also made an SFOS style launcher icon to start Tasmota.

Also, I can now pinch-to-zoom the UI - handy for tired eyes late at night!

If anyone is remotely interested in this subject, leave a comment and I'll upload my current 'firmware.bin' for use with a Tasmota converted 'Sonoff Basic Switch'.

My file size when built: 520kb

Original UI on the left, my custom UI on the right - much better, no?
Hi.

Yeah, much nicer UI....
I have also finally received a pair ofsonoff modules (a basic one & S20) and have already started to tinker.
I'm surprised about all the features already included in standard firmware.
Many thanks for the information.

Regards.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Cool, I'm pleased someone else is interested. That's an odd looking ip address on your screenshot - normally, I've only seen 'sonoff-11730' (example) when setting up the wifi portion of the switch, but hey, looks like you have it all working anyway.

I've ordered a Sonoff RF bridge, as I have at least 4 RF (433mhz) controlled items (lamps, roller shutter, etc), ordered it from bang_good China but it looks like it is coming from the UK, I guess bang_good has a drop ship agent in UK, still seems to be taking forever to get here though........flasher at the ready!, what pleases me more, is that fact that despite how shitty Sailfish Browser is, we can still use it with Tasmota.

I've had a stab at making a Tasmota SailfishOS app using WebView, so far so good, but I've come across plenty of problems I have no idea how to solve, for example, when setting a Timer in Sonoff Basic with Tasmota, I tap on the digits to adjust/choose the hours or minutes of the timer, but nothing happens, in the normal web version, it opens a new page with the options listed, no biggie, I'll work it out, but really, i just enjoy the journey of discovery and learning with as little help as possible.

Yeah, the Sonoff development file contains lots of data to play with, much of which I don't understand (yet), but just as with my Jolla1 when I got, I wanted a black theme and there wasn't one, so with a bit of help, I made one. This applied to the Tasmota UI, my first thought being "wow, that's ****ing bland!, time to fiddle!"

still fiddling, always fiddling, if it can be hacked, then hack it!

Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
Cool, I'm pleased someone else is interested. That's an odd looking ip address on your screenshot - normally, I've only seen 'sonoff-11730' (example) when setting up the wifi portion of the switch, but hey, looks like you have it all working anyway.

I've ordered a Sonoff RF bridge, as I have at least 4 RF (433mhz) controlled items (lamps, roller shutter, etc), ordered it from bang_good China but it looks like it is coming from the UK, I guess bang_good has a drop ship agent in UK, still seems to be taking forever to get here though........flasher at the ready!, what pleases me more, is that fact that despite how shitty Sailfish Browser is, we can still use it with Tasmota.

I've had a stab at making a Tasmota SailfishOS app using WebView, so far so good, but I've come across plenty of problems I have no idea how to solve, for example, when setting a Timer in Sonoff Basic with Tasmota, I tap on the digits to adjust/choose the hours or minutes of the timer, but nothing happens, in the normal web version, it opens a new page with the options listed, no biggie, I'll work it out, but really, i just enjoy the journey of discovery and learning with as little help as possible.

Yeah, the Sonoff development file contains lots of data to play with, much of which I don't understand (yet), but just as with my Jolla1 when I got, I wanted a black theme and there wasn't one, so with a bit of help, I made one. This applied to the Tasmota UI, my first thought being "wow, that's ****ing bland!, time to fiddle!"

still fiddling, always fiddling, if it can be hacked, then hack it!
Hi.

Hahaha. The same that happened to you with your black theme happened to me with the serial USB adapter: I bought one a few years ago to access the boot messages of a faulty Nokia N9 and never used it again.... untill now.
The weird hostname in my case may come from the fact that I'm not using the regular 192.168.X.Y addressing schema at home, but I really don't know.
The devices took some time to arrive here to Spain as well: around 3 weeks more or less.
I also wrote a public transport app for SailfishOS last year but it turned to be ** quite ** complicated.
Now I'm thinking about uses for the devices. The S20 is controlling a lamp in the living room and I set it to be controlled with voice commands with a small script I built out from cmusphinx.
I would like to replace my old thermostat with a wifi enabled one, the problem is that it must be fed with batteries and I don't think this can be done with ESP8266.
Projects, projects..... and no time to do them.

Regards.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post: