Active Topics

Nokia just released images of the Nokia N810 Internet Tablet ahead of scheduled announcement scheduled later today. We should get the actual specifications later but for now, enjoy the eight Nokia N810 product images directly from Nokia. Thanks sachin007!Â*
Read the full article.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Tuxedosteve View Post
Do we know if it still has the buttons on the top edge? I don't think you can see them on any of those pics.
You can see something on the top edge in the first image...

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
Lovely, the button design/layout has actually gotten WORSE than the that of the N800, which was inferior to that of the 770. The slide toward absolute unuseability continues...

After 3 generations, one would expect the ergonomics of the device to have improved. Has anyone spotted any buttons which can be used with the keyboard closed? Is this the end of the NIT as a ebook reader?
There are the raegular zoom and volume buttons on the top. I think the power button has been moved to the right corner on the top...

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
http://www.nokia.com/A4136017?category=n810
Wow.

I seriously thought Nokia had topped the Asinine Design Stupidities curve with the transition from 770 to N800, but I was wrong.

This thing has obviously been disigned by one of the managers' toddlers. Sentences like: "Give me an iPhone!" are bubbling up in my head, and that ain't not good.

I even left out the (<spit!>), and that's saying something...

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Wow.

I seriously thought Nokia had topped the Asinine Design Stupidities curve with the transition from 770 to N800, but I was wrong.

This thing has obviously been disigned by one of the managers' toddlers. Sentences like: "Give me an iPhone!" are bubbling up in my head, and that ain't not good.

I even left out the (<spit!>), and that's saying something...
Hope you dont go nokia<spit>!!!

Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Thanks sachin007
No problem

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
I think the screen slides up, and the keyboard and stand are on the same half of the device, so stand and keyboard use are not mutually exclusive.

looking at it a bit more and i prefer the N800. The only thing im now looking for is the specs.
what do we recon about the underside of the unit? (the pic with the GPS screen and the unit on its stand) there looks like a removeable cover and a slidey button thing...

EDIT:: ALSO the speakers are pointing the wrong way!

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
The one and only thing I see that I don't like is the d-pad being moved to the slide-out keyboard, but it's not that big a deal to me because I don't ever really use it. I can fully understand you guys complaining about it though.

Maybe there will be a second camera on the back side? I know, I know... wishful thinking.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Look at the picture of the Washington map on the N810 and look top center, a bit to the left.

If there was ever a place that needs to be destroyed, it's Chevy Chase Village. WTF.