Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
You are turd bugelrex!

Now we can ask am I being realistic or just trying ad hominem?

Loosing patience? Then why keep waiting. Change for love of god! Life is too short. Only way Nokia will react is that people start using other devices. Sadly it looks like that Nokia can pump devices at mind-blowing speed and probably giving quite likely best bang for buck for most of its devices.

And then sometimes happens something like this:
http://www.test.de/themen/computer-t...27133-4127135/

Stiftung what?:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stiftung_Warentest

And then angry nerds say that people are just soooo wrong sooo wrong because it´s old and well in lack of better word "turd".

Last edited by slender; 2010-09-28 at 08:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
This is exactly the culture at Nokia that the new CEO needs to change.
Calling a turd, a turd is not bashing... its being realistic.
People are criticizing Nokia because they want them to do better, no other reason.

The response can never be "move on to Google or Apple", the response should be:

"we, at Nokia can do better. This is what we should change"...

not keep clinging to the past.

I have pretty much only owned Nokia phones, that's something I don't want to change.. but I'm quickly loosing patience
It is you that are clinging to the past. Symbian^3 is not equal to older versions of the OS. Besides, Linux is a much older technology being a reverse engineered hack of Unix, an OS made for servers and switch boards. The achilles heel of Linux is power consumption, and unless some revolution in battery technology is coming, Symbian and Windows Mobile will always outperform it. As far as I know, no imminent battery revolution is seen.

The Following User Says Thank You to bsving For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I would say the nail got to come off. So friggin freaky.

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Not enough to go on in that video. I will wait until after release to decide.

It has that skinny scroll bar on the right, but is a capacitive display?? Are we expected to grow our nails long or is there a capacitive stylus included?
yeah there is a capacitive stylus available. check out nokia.com

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by adhrie View Post
hehehe...

actually my problem was that i couldn't decide whether to buy N8 or wait for the N9... now it is solved

But, if it turns out that N9 is disappointing... then i will have a new problem
if N9 is a failure then you wait for N10 lol. And if it still is a failure then you wait for N11 and if it is still a failure then you get the F....U...C...K out and left NOKIA hanging.

Nokia has to get N9 right, otherwise they will lose a good % in market in 2011. I would say Apple might even be able to slave out Nokia if Nokia keeps losing every battle.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
they restarted the counting, IMO the only way they can keep doing that and not be lame is if after the N9 it's the NX (a pun with the roman numeral for 10 and being pronounced "NEXT")

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
A lot of OS smack talk here Android is better than all of your girlyman OSs. Had them and used them all..... Ok, last time with Symbian was the Ngage.... Does that even count?

i love the vids keep it coming... im motivated now

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
The n8 has OUTSTANDING hardware. Nobody is arguing that. All the hardware in the world won't make a good phone if the software holds it back.

Symbian is crap. Crap crap crap. It makes dumphones awesome, but it makes smartphones utter shite.

No amount of arguing by you will change that. If it was completely rewritten, as WP7 was, we could have a discussion. But it wasn't. Its more lipstick on a pig.

Put anything other than Symbian on the n8 and I would consider buying it. Seriously, throw iOS, Android, WP7, WebOS, hell even WinMo6.5 and I would reconsider. As it is, Symbian sucks. End of story.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmurfin87 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Since this is allready devolved into total off-topicness, here's good article from Reuters today, which really highlights Symbian's global marketshare.

Nokia outperforming rivals on mobile ads

"Nokia's phone operating system has nearly 50 percent of the global mobile advertising market, more than its overall industry market share and ahead of Apple, a new survey showed on Monday.

In terms of advert impressions, Nokia had almost 10 billion ad impressions in July. Apple had 1.6 billion impressions while Android had over 711 million.
"

This is why Nokia isn't giving up on Symbian yet. Abandoning away the 90%+ of humanity that can't afford high-end phones would be really stupid.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post: