Originally Posted by Frisc0Dave
I think it is necesary to restart PC after installing update wizard before attempting update. When I tried update before a system restart I got to 10/100% completion and then froze. After PC restart, I was able to update without problems.
My tablet exhibited the same behavior as Frisc0Dave's. On my first attempt, it stayed at 10%. After a reboot, it worked fine.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by jrac
Just flashed it myself. Worked fine right out of the gate. Adds a good bit of snappiness to everything. One complaint - my Cingular MediaWorks settings were not included this time, only 'Cingular Internet' which did not work. Manually set up the connection and I am good to go.
What are the manual settings for the connection and how do you set them? I got out of one jam by flashing the Dec 20 image but I've lost my MediaWorks.

Thanks.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Loose Press
What are the manual settings for the connection and how do you set them? I got out of one jam by flashing the Dec 20 image but I've lost my MediaWorks.

Thanks.
I found them by digging up DaveC's Nov 2005 post; search for "Settings for Cingular GPRS internet access via your Cell". Thanks, DaveC!

Originally Posted by andymulhearn
Agreed, on both counts. My experience of wireless and bluetooth is that with the cover on, they definitely drop the connection.

I was only assuming that this is because the radios are turned off.
There is a little option in the Connectivity control panel that says "Disconnect when cover on device". It is, by default, checked. You can uncheck it and the Nokia 770 will maintain connections even when you put the lid on.