Active Topics

Okay, I'm looking for some sort of small portable bluetooth keyboard for my 770, one that works using the application on Maemo. Ideally I want it to be qwerty, have all 4 rows of keys, and NOT have the period and comma swapped (I'm a touch typist).

What keyboards can you folks recommend? (I'd prefer something under a hundred bucks if possible please!).
Thanks!

Last edited by Banner; 2006-04-16 at 18:34.

I believe there is already a thread on this....
use the search button before you post

Just hire someone with really small fingers to type on the 770 screen keyboard

I use a Freedom Mini Bluetooth Keyboard. It has all 4 sets of keys, a 4 directional tab (arrows), an Escape button, and most normal buttons. The only problem is that you have to hit the 2nd key (Num) to access characters such as comma and period. But ALL letters are typed without the Num key. It's $60, but I got a new one from eBay last week for only $40

http://www.freedominput.com/mainsite...emart&Itemid=1

Originally Posted by Coolty
I believe there is already a thread on this....
use the search button before you post
Actually I went through that entire thread and while there was a lot of discussions about BT keyboards, there was very little there to answer my question.

I've looked at the stowaways, -but- they have the comma and period swapped (huh? Why?) and several others only have three rows of keys (no number row).

Originally Posted by kutibah
I use a Freedom Mini Bluetooth Keyboard. It has all 4 sets of keys, a 4 directional tab (arrows), an Escape button, and most normal buttons. The only problem is that you have to hit the 2nd key (Num) to access characters such as comma and period. But ALL letters are typed without the Num key. It's $60, but I got a new one from eBay last week for only $40

http://www.freedominput.com/mainsite...emart&Itemid=1
Don't they have a full size picture so you can see what the key layouts are? All they have is that tiny picture....

Originally Posted by Banner
I've looked at the stowaways, -but- they have the comma and period swapped (huh? Why?)
Don't let small layout quirks on a keyboard that you otherwise like stop you : it's very easy to swap back a couple of keys with xmodmap.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Actually I went through that entire thread and while there was a lot of discussions about BT keyboards, there was very little there to answer my question.

I've looked at the stowaways, -but- they have the comma and period swapped (huh? Why?) and several others only have three rows of keys (no number row).
The Think Outside keyboards work perfectly now. I upgraded to the 0.4 BT driver and my German QWERTZ keyboard is now completely functional, question mark and all.

Also, Think Outside (which, IIRC, is the former Stowaway) does not have the period and the comma swapped -- at least not on my keyboard.

Don't they have a full size picture so you can see what the key layouts are? All they have is that tiny picture....
I'm sure this is big enough

Originally Posted by kutibah
I'm sure this is big enough
Thanks! I couldn't find a larger image myself, I appreciate it.