Active Topics

Notices

Ok, I've been using GPE calendar for a while and I like it. The kicker is this. The applet that sits on your desktop and allows alarms to work and notices to be displayed has too small a clickable areas. For example, under appointments, unless there's some kind of text in there, your total clickable area is one tiny sentence. Same with the "todo's" section. That needs to be expanded to be a much larger area. I use that as a jumping off point to get into GPE Calendar, and I can't tell you how many times I've hit the wrong area, such as the clock, just trying to get into the calendar.

Sure, I could likely just go into the menu and do it, but that's not the point. I want to do as much as possible from the desktop as I can without opening the menu, and this just gets in the way. Is there any way that the developer could expand the clickable area in the desktop applet for this?

Try going to the GPE settings and selecting the menu buttons. That willgive you the desktop access you seek.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dfinch For This Useful Post:
Ah, cool. Took me a second to find the settings you spoke of, but yeah, that looks exactly like what I'm after. Thanks!

I knew you'd find it with a little hint.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Canada
Originally Posted by dfinch View Post
I knew you'd find it with a little hint.
This is the "show start buttons" option under the GPE Summary Options applet settings? It does grab a lot of real estate from GPE summary, like the OP I'd like a way to launch GPE Calendar or ToDo by tapping anywhere above or below (respectively) the dividing line separating appointments from todo items in the GPE summary area.

Know what I mean?

Well, I would too, but this makes a nice bandaid in the meantime.