Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brasil
Hi, I need to do presentations of papers, projects and budgets for clients and staff, using resources of images, videos (and perhaps also powerpoint). I'm thinking of using my N900, or using the tv-out cable or by connecting a mini projector (still to be acquired).
I would like to indicate that the best application for a presentation to media of this type, in a practical, beautiful and professional.
Thanks

There is a rumor in another forum that Documents to Go premium will be updated bringing SlideShow to go premium Edition, which allows u to edit and creates PowerPoint files... supously will be a free updated for the ones who registered their DTG premium...

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Install Easy Debian and run Impress (openoffice).

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I tried one presentation I had, but the tv output makes it terrible looking, at least on my tv set. I never tried with a projector, anybody has experience with that?

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
I would say documnts to go is the way to go, when they have the slideshow support + using tv out = professional

Doing presentations on the N900 reminded me of a presentation Icuk did a while back, here's a video of it on his n900 using liqbase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rEZxWjVvGo

I would try OpenOffice (Impress) in Easy Debian before I installed a premium made-for-mobile anything. With the reservation that it may be slow, I haven't tried.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brasil
yes, on my TV was too low quality. maybe a mini projector gets better.
As for applications, it would be interesting something like an interactive menu and not just a video or photo slide shows.
(I even thought about creating something in html and run in Microb lol)

the easiest non-interactive presentation is probably PDF Reader via video out. the best interactive is HTML/CSS under MicroB or another browser. you could even run a local httpd to avoid network lag.

Originally Posted by jacktanner View Post
. you could even run a local httpd to avoid network lag.
That makes sense - pdf or export as html and open the presentation up locally. Just make sure whatever you do is setup for the smaller screen size 480 x800.

A final option is save the presentation as gif or png files numbered in a directory and swipe through them using the picture viewer...