Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
... Peterleichen gave these instructions which included this mystic alphabetic code "iirc" which means nothing to me. I'm way more out than in with many basic stuff.
You think you are out, just get in: https://www.dictionary.com/e/acronyms/iirc/

Instead of a poll, and instead of doodle, you can also set up a simple calendar on framadate.org:
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
community Meetings are great, do it!

I advise to agree on 1-3 key points of discussion to get conversation start easily on the one hand.
On the other hand your meetings will be sparse and it is nice to say yourself there where things "accomplished"
1. "Ompas hiano mökki sulla" - "What a great cottage you have"
2. Naiset - Women
3. Armeijajutut - Army Stuff

Sorry OT

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
We could just make a poll to ask who would come, and which weekends would suit them best.
Maemish, are you saying you can have the cottage on any weekend in February/March? And you wouldn't want to do it later?

Actually I already created the poll, with a password, but I'd like to hear back from Maemish first, maybe change it.

This is the text I thought of:
Possibly during the next months, possibly in Maemish's summer cottage (200km NW of Helsinki, 100km N of Turku), possibly overnight or even the whole weekend.
If even one person comes from abroad or far up north, I think an overnight stay would be preferable.
Keep it modest, one night, Sat/Sun?

Every person can vote Yes/No/Maybe for each of the weekends offered.
That way we get
a) an overview of who's committed to come
b) a vote for the best dates

For the cottage I'd prefer a later date, springtime, when it's possible to sleep in a tent, maybe even go for a short swim before running back into the sauna. Well you can do the latter in winter too.

But let's see what Maemish has to say.

PS:
Bus connections are good and cheap from Helsinki.

PPS:
It's not really limited to N900 users, no? Maybe just "Maemo meeting" would be better?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
I'll just chime in when we are able to pick a weekend Cottage would be really ideal and I think it won't be too cold, will it?

The cottages I have been where pretty warm when heated the fireplace

If february is stiøø on the schedule can I kindly ask that we don't wait too long with picking a weekend before the prices of tickets go up for me?
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
I'll come if I can get my Driver to come along...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
For the cottage I'd prefer a later date, springtime, when it's possible to sleep in a tent, maybe even go for a short swim before running back into the sauna. Well you can do the latter in winter too.
Summerholiday season can be good as well.
But let's see what Maemish has to say.

Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
It's not really limited to N900 users, no? Maybe just "Maemo meeting" would be better?
Maemo meeting would be good. It would be nice to see some different Maemo Leste devices.

The Following User Says Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Ok. Gonna suggest soon.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Ok. So I offer possibility to hold Maemo meeting in Finland in our summer cottage/house in Kokemäki. Possible weekends:
A. 6.-8.3.
B. 13.-15.3.
C. 20.-22.3.

The bigger cottage has room for five to sleep, the smalller cottage has for three and the smallest for three. so all together 11 beds/ sleeping places. All the cottages are warm with electricity.

The main cottage has a two person bedroom, two person sleeping balcony, kitchen with water and frigde with freezer, tv, radio, sauna, washing room and a water toilet. There is one bed in the dressing room for sauna. There is also puucee (cold toilet outside without water but with paper though).

People have to bring their own sheets. If you come from outside Finland sheets are arranged by me.

In my car there is space for four persons with luggages. I leave from Helsinki and hopefully early on friday, meaning between 12-14. Driving time from Helsinki is approximately 2,5-3h depending on how long stop we will make in Humppila Lasitehdas shopping mall with restaurant and a toilet.

Back to Helsinki we would leave depending what requirements people have. Hopefully about 12-13 o'clock.

Expencies for gasoline would be shared as well as main food supplies. Everyone can also have their own special munchies.

I have couple of suggestions as for food. Of course there could be sausages to grill in the owen but otherwise I suggest nachoplate style servings, tacos/tortillas, big slalads with either fish or chicken etc. Something which would be easy to make for many. And crepes and such. But if there is a chef who loves cooking or someone who wants to show how to make a salmon on an open fire that is possible also.

No washing machine for dishies so I would suggest to use disposable plates which would be recycled/burned to not use that much time for dishies (forks, knives,spoons, glasses and mugs would be washed).

So these are my offers and sugggestion, some depending on how many will come. Anyone? Suggestions for date for first but feel free to speak of other things too.

Last edited by Maemish; 2020-01-24 at 07:54.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
I hope the silence is because people are canceling appointments from their calendar to be sure not to miss the meeting no matter what weekend it will be, and not because of the communist kind arrangements I offered and suggested.

But I just can not afford to offer anything else than transportation means for four plus the place.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Here's the poll:
https://framadate.org/maemo-n900-meeting
The password is the name of the Maemo 5 Release. You know, starts with an F...

I added the three dates, and the option to come Sat-Sun or Fri-Sun.

Here are buses from Helsinki.
Here are some more connections.

Could you also add the poll link to the first post of this thread?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post: