Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by raaj13 View Post
Ya random reboot and application crash in date parsing routine is what makes wp smooth isn't it.
No notification center, no vpn support , no otg support .
Well can't talk about multitasking.
You already no why . Don't you?
Because it's even worse than the dead symbian platform.
And guess what you are going to get on WP in coming time.
Viruses , trojan , worm and spywares.
Welcome to windows world
Have you tried recent Lumias? My Lumia 620 performs superiorly to N9. You just described N9 above. I owned 6 N9s and gave it to several users, everything you described above is N9 specific. WP is imitating iOS, and doing a decent job. Jolla needs to invent something that others will follow. Don't see it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Is Jolla late to the ecosystem war?
Yes.

Is Jolla targeting spec whores?
No.

Is Jolla targeting ease of use (kids/grans)?
No.

Jolla is a niche.
Its competing against Tizen, FireFoxOS, WebOS and the discontinued Symbian platform. It can only guarantee itself a 1-5% total marketshare because its niche.

The top players are Android at 45%, TouchWizz at 31% and iOS at 18%.
The middle ground is covered by Windows Phone at 3% and Blackberry at 3%.

Edit:
Think of it as getting 10 random people;
-4 of them had an Android device (LG, ZTE, Huawei, HTC.)
(Perhaps SONY or Motorola instead)
-3 of them had a Samsung
(Latest Galaxy S, latest NOTE, most popular Galaxy Cheap)
-2 of them had an iPhone
(Latest iPhone, last-gen iPhone)
-That last guy probably has a Nokia, or Blackberry.
(The chance of even one of these randomly chosen people to have something else is one in a hundred odds).
You TOTALLY forgot there is more than European and USA.

Not all people has been brainwashed by Android and Iphone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
As far as the Chinese market goes, I think Jolla has a chance. It'll run android and more. It doesn't have to compete with Google Play there so having 3rd party app stores along with the Jolla store won't be as big of an issue there. As nice as the OS seems to be, it will depend on marketing and advertising from it's partners. Samsungs GS4 adds showcase it's features and give a use case--even if it is contrived. Customers need to know WHY to buy Jolla and having DNA in Finland and D-Phone in China gives it two markets where it should get some attention. I don't have any expectations for the rest of the world but if a major manufacturer adopts Sailfish then they will have reached a major goal.

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Have you tried recent Lumias? My Lumia 620 performs superiorly to N9. You just described N9 above. I owned 6 N9s and gave it to several users, everything you described above is N9 specific. WP is imitating iOS, and doing a decent job. Jolla needs to invent something that others will follow. Don't see it.
I have seen people selling their lumia's for half the price within few months of buying phone and still finding it hard to sell that's what lumia is garbage that no one wants to buy even at half price.
Yes 6 N9 that you owned in dream .
What you own is garbage phone that not even kids want to buy.
Some buy it because of nokia's brand. And if 620 perform so well then what are you doing here?
You should be convincing people to keep their lumia on windows phone forum.
Yes imitating is what WP can all do. It's metro UI is failure even on
Desktop.

Last edited by raaj13; 2013-05-29 at 17:22.

Originally Posted by kingstu View Post
As far as the Chinese market goes, I think Jolla has a chance. It'll run android and more. It doesn't have to compete with Google Play there so having 3rd party app stores along with the Jolla store won't be as big of an issue there. As nice as the OS seems to be, it will depend on marketing and advertising from it's partners. Samsungs GS4 adds showcase it's features and give a use case--even if it is contrived. Customers need to know WHY to buy Jolla and having DNA in Finland and D-Phone in China gives it two markets where it should get some attention. I don't have any expectations for the rest of the world but if a major manufacturer adopts Sailfish then they will have reached a major goal.
I doubt about chinese market. There is lot of competition over there.
Everybody is selling cheap android phone's and tablet's in china

Still not as smooth as Android devices tho

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by raaj13 View Post
I have seen people selling their lumia's for half the price within few months of buying phone and still finding it hard to sell that's what lumia is garbage that no one wants to buy even at half price.
Yes 6 N9 that you owned in dream .
What you own is garbage phone that not even kids want to buy.
Some buy it because of nokia's brand. And if 620 perform so well then what are you doing here?
You should be convincing people to keep their lumia on windows phone forum.
Yes imitating is what WP can all do. It's metro UI is failure even on
Desktop.
I had more N9s that Lumias....you should call me NINER! I love apple, wp and n900. I am not sure what you love, but making things up seems to be your full time occupation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I had more N9s that Lumias....you should call me NINER! I love apple, wp and n900. I am not sure what you love, but making things up seems to be your full time occupation.
Are you getting paid from microsoft to write these fictional stories about windows mobile and lumia's?
It looks like so.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Jolla ROCKS. Elop taking to long.

Just placed my join.jolla.com 100EUR order and canceled my old.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Welcome aboard sailor!

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post: