Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Funny, all i really need to trust Chens explanation is his history and known realname here at tmo and the fact that he would burn his account and credebility if your allegations were true.
It would be really nice if you could formulate your valid question regarding parts and jollas statement a bit less insinuative and not cross the line to personal insult.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Funny, all i really need to trust Chens explanation is his history and known realname here at tmo and the fact that he would burn his account and credebility if your allegations were true.
It would be really nice if you could formulate your valid question regarding parts and jollas statement a bit less insinuative and not cross the line to personal insult.
It's no allogations from my side. Unless you are talking about jolla and the missing refund.

I just find this tablet thread awesome. And very funny. It never ends
Just when you thought you would get your tablet. Jolla change their minds. NO tablets for you.
And when jolla, me and most others given up on a tablet for sale. Then some fishy black market jolla tablet appears in China shops.
Jolla could not find, buy or build any more parts.
Then some dude @TMO meet some dude that not only designer of the tablet, he also got all the parts, assembly line and will to build tablets again.

Some things doesn't add up somewhere.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-04-01 at 15:14.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
never got a shot at getting the first tablet, id like this one

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 342 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Another bad thing with the tablet is screen brightness. I really avoid using it in evenings and nights due to the awfully bright screen. It is all nice in daylight, but being unable to dim it to a comfortable level makes usefulness suffer a lot.

Manufacturers are bragging over brightness, but they all forget that you need to be able to dim it, too. It feels like having a car with high beam that can't be turned off.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jukk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Please scam us via indiegogo again, please. Don't forget all the stretch goals and fake news.
Actually this is not a bad idea. Every assemble line has a minimum quantity, normally about 3k to 5k as an absolute minimum. Since I don't have a solid PO or deposit, using pre-order funds to order components and assembling line is the best option.

Instead of setting up a pre-order account from stratch, why not using Indiegogo again? At least it has some security and a credibility in general. Thanks for the advice.

Jolla said it was no more parts and no more would be manufactured. Did you find the big bag with all the parts in a shady area of Hong Kong? The word on the street is that Marc dumped the bag in some dark ally when he fled the scene in panic after the scam was revealed...
Actually what Jolla said was true. We need to buy those components and assemble them again. I wish there exists your dark side bags, we could save a lot lot of initial costs!! If you have more info or GPS location data please let me know, you share half of its value, how about that?

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
In a small world where everybody knows eachother through 6.6 corners, those things simply happen

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
It's no allogations from my side. Unless you are talking about jolla and the missing refund.

I just find this tablet thread awesome. And very funny. It never ends
Just when you thought you would get your tablet. Jolla change their minds. NO tablets for you.
And when jolla, me and most others given up on a tablet for sale. Then some fishy black market jolla tablet appears in China shops.
Jolla could not find, buy or build any more parts.
Then some dude @TMO meet some dude that not only designer of the tablet, he also got all the parts, assembly line and will to build tablets again.

Hey Dave, we are NOT Jolla. Yes we pay them licence, they will do the software and SW optimisation, and future updates. But product wise we are not related with them.

And again what Jolla claimed has nothing to do with us, and looks like Jolla told the truth - there is no components left at the time, that's why we checked all the suppliers that we can BUY again.

How do you think we have them already?

Seriously Dave, you should point to Jolla, not us. What they did before has nothing to do with this. We are just trying to fill the demand Jolla failed to deliver, with some improvement as much as we can.

If you think this is a scam - fine. But please at least have some dignity for you and others, if you are angry with Jolla then go for Jolla, nothing to do here.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jukk View Post
Another bad thing with the tablet is screen brightness.
That problem is eased as soon as some hero develops and releases a native "Nightmode app" that overlays the whole screen semi-transparent.
I am using an android app to dim down youtube client, works okish.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Some quick hint of the next step:

- We will build 50-100 working samples as a testing production and use them for testing hardware, and provide a portion to Jolla for optimising software. (I agree some optimisation needs to be done.)

- We will design a specific BT keyboard case for the tablet. The case will have a similar outfit design as most tablet cases, with magnetic built in. So if you need HW keyboard, a BT keyboard can be attached inside the cover by magnetic and if you don't need, it will act like a latsu case. (See attached pics)

- Next week is the National Holiday in China (Qingming, or Tomb Sweep Festival) So more info will be shared afterwards.

- We will be working with Jolla to improve system reliability. Will share more details in coming days.
Attached Images

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
I will officially add this to my definition of Nerd:

"A Person being struck by 1st of april when announcing unbelievable but legit projects".
I realised it's just a bad time announcing something exciting......

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os