Posts: 203 | Thanked: 596 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Finland
Hey,

Yesterday, Friday 3.7.2015, I Sent an update for Situations to Harbour QA. Since I also started summer vacation at the same time, I'm writing this in advance in case the update happens to pass QA next week and I'm not able to answer any questions/complaints/requests at the time.

What has been updated (version 2.4.68):
1. UI scaling support
If you happen to be running Sailfish on some other devices than Jolla (like Nexus 5), this version should now scale the UI properly.

2. Initial support for multiple CPU architectures
Not directly visible in normal use, but at least some of the necessary changes were made to support Jolla tablet (x86 CPU).

3. Minor improvements to launch action
Mainly adding all search folders for desktop files.

4. New additional plugins
4.1 Bluetooth Pro
Extends (installs on top of) the Bluetooth condition with support for bluetooth device address detection and scan interval option, including no scanning option for detecting connected devices only. This should save battery when only connected devices need to be detected.

Same kind of extension plugin will be done later for WiFi.

4.2 Ringtone plugin
Simple support for setting ringtone. However, as with ringtone volume, this might not work very well together with ambiances.

--

Also all additional plugins have been updated, which means active network connection is required (to download the new plugins) when updating the app from old version and launching the new version first time. Previously this has caused problems to some users but so far I don't think I've been able to make the update process more robust. I do hope everything goes ok this time

For early adopters: you can already try installing arm version from here: http://www.pastillilabs.com/situations/sailfish

Have a nice summer,
Heikki / Pastilli Labs

Last edited by hhaveri; 2015-07-05 at 06:32.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Hungary
Hei Heikki,

I hope your vacation went well.

I am using Situations ever since its first release on Sailfish OS.
I can say I much love it.

With the new SFOS2.0 the Ambiences are extended in functionality.
I noticed that when Situations changes the volume of the ringtone, the default ringtone is played when the phone rings, no matter if my Ambience changed it to a custom one. This used to work before.

I would really like if Situations app was able to change Ambiences as well.

Do you plan releasing a plug-in for this?

LVPVS over.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LVPVS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Hello hhaveri,

I am eagerly waiting this "Bluetooth pro" option working on Wifi also.

This is awesome that you can put this scanning interval to none and it is activated only when connected (This saves battery and there is no need for searching connections etc :P

Best Regards,
Mikko

Hi,

@LVPVS Vacation was ok

Yes, I would very much like to do an Ambience plugin. However, last time I looked at the available API, it didn't seem quite feasible at least for a Jolla Store app. However, that was a long time ago and maybe the API has improved. Investigating this is one of the top items after the next release.

@R1v3r The plugin is already implemented, but is waiting for the next "big" update of the app. That's basically because on Android the plugin has direct dependency on changes done on the application side, and I would like to release for both platforms at the same time.

Before the next release I'm still working on some refactoring that is taking a bit longer than expected - but hopefully improves the plugin system (including plugin updates) in general.

Br,
Heikki

Last edited by hhaveri; 2015-09-17 at 05:40.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Hei,

Wow! A new update is on its way.

I found a fairly easy way to change Ambiences via dbus. It is working just fine with the "Command" 'What'. However; with only the built-in and installed Ambiences. I did not yet find a way to switch to user-created Ambiences.

Eager to see the update.

LVPVS out.

Hey!

Finally I think I have a new version of the app that is in a somewhat releasable state. For any brave souls, there are packages for both phone & tablet available for installation here:
http://www.pastillilabs.com/situations/sailfish

As usual, a network connection is required when first time launching the new version (to update any existing plugins). If there are no huge showstopper bugs reported by those brave souls (or any beta users on Android), I'll try my luck uploading the binaries also to app stores in a couple days.

And here's some sort of change log:
- Added support for WiFi Pro plugin
- Minor updates to Bluetooth Pro plugin
- Added support for timed situations
- New time picker (for Time condition & timed situations)
- Other small UI tweaks & fixes
- Improved feature/plugin handling(?)

The timed situation support is intentionally not that obvious to find. And was actually the first and only idea so far how to implement it without major UI redesign

Basically you need to swipe a situation to manual state first and then you can tap the red circle to adjust a timeout for the manual state. Also the green/yellow active circle can be tapped to enable & access the timer. After the timeout, manual state is removed and situation is re-evaluated. Maximum timeout is currently 23 hours and 59 minutes.

Fixes to any Sailfish 2.0 related issues are not part of this release. Also any Android users here can try packages from here (beware that you cannot easily downgrade back to older apk on Android):
http://www.pastillilabs.com/situations/android

Br,
Heikki

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Hei,

So far so good.
I like the new Timepicker.

LVPVS over.

Originally Posted by hhaveri View Post
Hey!

Finally I think I have a new version of the app that is in a somewhat releasable state. For any brave souls, there are packages for both phone & tablet available for installation here:
http://www.pastillilabs.com/situations/sailfish

As usual, a network connection is required when first time launching the new version (to update any existing plugins). If there are no huge showstopper bugs reported by those brave souls (or any beta users on Android), I'll try my luck uploading the binaries also to app stores in a couple days.

And here's some sort of change log:
- Added support for WiFi Pro plugin
- Minor updates to Bluetooth Pro plugin
- Added support for timed situations
- New time picker (for Time condition & timed situations)
- Other small UI tweaks & fixes
- Improved feature/plugin handling(?)

The timed situation support is intentionally not that obvious to find. And was actually the first and only idea so far how to implement it without major UI redesign

Basically you need to swipe a situation to manual state first and then you can tap the red circle to adjust a timeout for the manual state. Also the green/yellow active circle can be tapped to enable & access the timer. After the timeout, manual state is removed and situation is re-evaluated. Maximum timeout is currently 23 hours and 59 minutes.

Fixes to any Sailfish 2.0 related issues are not part of this release. Also any Android users here can try packages from here (beware that you cannot easily downgrade back to older apk on Android):
http://www.pastillilabs.com/situations/android

Br,
Heikki
Umms. Stupid (?) question. Which one is for phone and which is for Tablet?

BR,
Mikko

Originally Posted by R1v3r View Post
Umms. Stupid (?) question. Which one is for phone and which is for Tablet?

BR,
Mikko
Hei,

...ARMV7... is for the phone and ...I486... is for the tablet.

LVPVS out.

The Following User Says Thank You to LVPVS For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LVPVS View Post
Hei,

...ARMV7... is for the phone and ...I486... is for the tablet.

LVPVS out.
Thanks! I will give it a try!

Tags
sailfish os, situations