Notices

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
Excellent application, I have since I came out, and I use it almost every day.
Any new update for maemo 5 (n900)

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by pakarlss View Post
I plan a solution with the actions listed below:
  • For artist views:
    - Click: Gives a view of the artist's albums.
    - To play the artist: Long press -> Context menu -> Play
  • For album views:
    - Click: Gives a view of the album songs
    - To play the album: Long press -> Context menu -> Play

Would that be ok?
Sounds great to me.. happy to test..

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
Excellent application, I have since I came out, and I use it almost every day.
Any new update for maemo 5 (n900)
Thanks!
I have been fully loaded with the creation of the N9 version for some time. However, some work has been done on the N900 version as well, e.g. moving from the Squeezebox server CLI, to using the json interface.
I haven't released that work to the repository, since the changes isn't really visible to the end user. But this change will e.g. enable the use of the remote server (www.mysqueezebox.com). I'm not that far yet. Let's see when I find the time to finish that work.

Do you have any other wishes for the N900 version?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pakarlss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
However, some work has been done on the N900 version as well, e.g. moving from the Squeezebox server CLI, to using the json interface.
I haven't released that work to the repository, since the changes isn't really visible to the end user. But this change will e.g. enable the use of the remote server (www.mysqueezebox.com). I'm not that far yet. Let's see when I find the time to finish that work.

Oh hey! I was just about to ask about the CLI requirement, given that have my http port opened to the internet (with password), but not the CLI. Would be great if this means I can start using your tool!

Thanks valimir and PhatApteryx!

@valimir
I'll put your proposal on the todo list for upcoming versions.
after a few more days of use, i think the ability to search in artists as you can in albums would be very useful...

Just got me a Squeeezbox Touch. I was also looking for a new job for my N900 as have a new phone.

Squeezster is just the thing, thanks ! :-)

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
Thanks!
I have been fully loaded with the creation of the N9 version for some time. However, some work has been done on the N900 version as well, e.g. moving from the Squeezebox server CLI, to using the json interface.

Do you have any other wishes for the N900 version?
Yes....It would be nice, a new update, I'll be wait for an update for my n900

A question pakarlss be possible that can be played directly on the phone, I know it's impossible for now a matter of logitech.

Sorry for my bad english

Last edited by D@vIcHoJD; 2012-02-06 at 16:21.

Thanks for your feedback.

The current status is as follows...
  • N9 Harmattan
    Has been updated with the suggested features. I also found some issues during testing, which now should be fixed.
    I have submitted Squeezster to the Nokia (Ovi) store. Let's see if it passes all checks and actually reaches the store. Unlike the N900 version, the N9 version will not be completely free, but will be available for a small fee (~2 euros).
  • Symbian
    Squeezster for Symbian Anna is a port of the N9 version. It features the same functionality as Squeezster for N9. It has also been submitted to Nokia Store with the same pricing as the N9 version.
  • N900 Maemo
    I will make an update for the N900, using json instead of CLI, as mentioned earlier.
    The N900 version will stay in the Extras repository as before, and still be free.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pakarlss For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your feedback.

The current status is as follows...
  • N9 Harmattan
    Has been updated with the suggested features. I also found some issues during testing, which now should be fixed.
    I have submitted Squeezster to the Nokia (Ovi) store. Let's see if it passes all checks and actually reaches the store. Unlike the N900 version, the N9 version will not be completely free, but will be available for a small fee (~2 euros).
  • Symbian
    Squeezster for Symbian Anna is a port of the N9 version. It features the same functionality as Squeezster for N9. It has also been submitted to Nokia Store with the same pricing as the N9 version.
  • N900 Maemo
    I will make an update for the N900, using json instead of CLI, as mentioned earlier.
    The N900 version will stay in the Extras repository as before, and still be free.
Excellent thanks - look forward to it making its way to the store.

Squeezster is now available for download in the Nokia store.

Symbian:
http://store.ovi.com/content/251147

N9:
http://store.ovi.com/content/251528

I have also made some progress regarding the N900 updates, so you shouldn't have to wait too long for it.

Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
A question pakarlss be possible that can be played directly on the phone, I know it's impossible for now a matter of logitech.
This is unfortunately not planned at the moment. I haven't investigated it deeper, but I would assume it's a big task to make it work.

The Following User Says Thank You to pakarlss For This Useful Post: