Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
good i've everything complete except that damn video. lol

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
hi Ammyt,

question= in ur first post u mentioned after succesfully installed nitdroid u have to reboot the n900 with open keyboard?

now my question is i have backupmenu installed which u can use only if u reboot with open keyboard.

will this give problems when u want to choose Nitdroid by typing 2???

thanks

Originally Posted by Ali View Post
hi Ammyt,

question= in ur first post u mentioned after succesfully installed nitdroid u have to reboot the n900 with open keyboard?

now my question is i have backupmenu installed which u can use only if u reboot with open keyboard.

will this give problems when u want to choose Nitdroid by typing 2???

thanks
Well i didn't install backupmenu before so dunno much about it but if u successfully go through backupmeu and entered the bootmenu just typing 2 will let u enter nitdroid successfully.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
can i install nitdroid with the stock kernel of maemo??
or do i need i custom one?

and overclocking nitdroid? with custom kernel or stock??

sorry i am totally noob.

No problemo Ali:
Installing nitdroid will install its own kernel along, preferrably stock nokia kernel should be used. Extra steps shall be done if running titans kernel.
overclocking nitdroid needs nothing, just to edit a .conf file!

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Hello folks,

I installed nitdroid on micro sd 8 gb (class 4), but the general speed of Os was very very slow and the battery runs out very quickly, about 3-4 hours...but the miracle happened

Following the route from step 7, I copied the folder /and to main memory (emmc) and starting n900 from the boot.
Now has nothing to envy to the terminals as the galaxy or desire...

Speed is increased by 10 times and now I have a terminal responsive as I've always wanted maemo-android and at the same time as the failings of a are filled with each other.

Thanks to the Nitdroid team ... I love you and congratulations for the work and hope for a port to 100% on our fantastic phone

tomorrow i will post a video with new hack

"Can't flash kernel, files not found. Guru Meditation"

Got this on start up?

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
look at the first post last entry
woops sorry mate, didn't see it, sleep deprivation makes my brains sluggish.

Originally Posted by nokiottolo89 View Post
Hello folks,

I installed nitdroid on micro sd 8 gb (class 4), but the general speed of Os was very very slow and the battery runs out very quickly, about 3-4 hours...but the miracle happened

Following the route from step 7, I copied the folder /and to main memory (emmc) and starting n900 from the boot.
Now has nothing to envy to the terminals as the galaxy or desire...

Speed is increased by 10 times and now I have a terminal responsive as I've always wanted maemo-android and at the same time as the failings of a are filled with each other.

Thanks to the Nitdroid team ... I love you and congratulations for the work and hope for a port to 100% on our fantastic phone
Congrats, I been running NITDroid for months now on a N900 a friend sold to me. Although you all need to know that yes it may use "less" battery power but the battery icon is not correct. It does normally report higher battery power than whats really in the battery. Known problem. Also if you got alot of apps running then the battery will drain extremely fast. Also keep it away from heat as charging it does warm up the battery some.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid