I cannot figure out why I am not able to drag and drop applications from one folder to another. All I have been able to do is create new folders. For some reason it won't let me move the applications.
Also, after deleting a program ("Password Safe" -ugg- in this instance) the thing is still there on my programs list and will not delete.
Any hints?

Dunno about the deleting but to manage applications you goto control panel- panels- and select 'organise' next to applications. You can drag and drop and move between folders here.

Been there. Wouldn't let me do it.

Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I found that I had to do it slowly and carefully. That sometimes I could pick it up and sometimes not.

It was much harder on 2008 than on 2007 too.

I found the best way seemed to be to tap and hold on the app to move, then drag very slowly to the folder and drop it into the name or the folder icon.

What are your symptoms of "wouldn't let me do it"? What's happening?

Zebee

I find I have to hold the stylus perpendicular to the screen to move apps between folders. Your pwsafe problem is a bug, though. I believe it's been fixed in the most recent pwsafe version, so if you update it, it ought to uninstall properly. Alternatively, see this thread for a solution.

I got the slow drag to work. Could not make pwsafe disappear, but I did make it go away.
Many thanks.

I've been having problems with this (inability to move things around in the menu) as well, and though I eventually got everything where I wanted it, it's definitely buggy. I found no consistent way of doing it, but "preselecting" the thing you want to move seems to help. "Slow drag" didn't do much for me. I don't see anything about this in bugzilla... are others experiencing it?

Is there any way to organize the application menu by hacking some file or directory?

Doug

Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Is there any way to organize the application menu by hacking some file or directory?
/home/user/.osso/menus/applications.menu

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Lake Wobegon, Minnesota
I got the slow drag to work. Could not make pwsafe disappear, but I did make it go away.
Many thanks.
How? I tried reinstalling and uninstalling and yet it remains in the menu. I cannot find any file via xterm to delete