Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Yepp, some of us are literally so desperate to again put good faith upfront and see what will happen.
Thanks for pointing it out, might save others from disappointment.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Changing the shipping date is ok, but they say on the website that they will take payment 2-3 weeks before shipping when the device is ready. So IDK why they need payment at the end of July if shipments will start in September. That's at least a solid 4 weeks out. Wouldn't stop me from paying but something is a little off here...
I also wish they gave us more details about delays. The release date got pushed back, we already know that. Tell us what happened... I guess I can take solace in the fact that we have a release "month" set but even those types of promises are arbitrary. They could easily have another delay and push back again.

Last edited by gtmaster303; 2019-07-03 at 03:05.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
correct me if I get that wrong: they ask for payment _before_ shipment can be made? So the release date is still unknown, the word 'few' is not a number, but already collecting payments in the end of July?

looks like a typical scam.
They do ask for payment before shipment can be made, which is not so unusual. However, they do not collect payment while the release date is unknown. What they say is they expect to request payments after the release date is confirmed:

Once we have the confirmed shipping date, we will be requesting payment for the Pro1 you have pre-ordered. We anticipate that payment will be requested at the end of July, ahead of an expected shipment date in early September.
The duration between both expected periods might be long and can be discussed, but the plan is not to get the money before a release date is announced.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SaiKo View Post
Köln and Düsseldorf mentioned by Mosen are close enough to my location to make it without too much hassle.
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
... tuesday 23rd of July ...
figures... i'll be in spain that week... there goes the 'without too much hassle'.

i just cant throw 650€ at something i dont even know i'll be able to type on... why did it have to be phablet sized ffs.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SaiKo For This Useful Post:
I guess ordering using Paypal (provided they allow this payment method) would be useful if you are concerned, that way you can still open a dispute if it turns out the device is never delivered (or shipped).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I guess ordering using Paypal (provided they allow this payment method) would be useful if you are concerned, that way you can still open a dispute if it turns out the device is never delivered (or shipped).
The other side is that PayPal may block the funds just because, and the company may find itself in difficult financial situation.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
True, this happened quite a few times in the past with some crowdfunding projects, like, say, Neo900. I still hope they will offer this payment method as one of the options, it would help if some buyers are concerned about getting their device delivered. But yeah, if everyone place their purchase using Paypal, that might be a significant issue.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Hopefully Chen will chime in and enlighten us !

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by British View Post
Hopefully Chen will chime in and enlighten us !

https://osegredo.com.br/wp-content/u...ro-830x450.jpg
If i have read "all the known smoke-signs" right, Chen is now spending of his time in well earned little vacation and will come back later to tell us what is coming after that... Ugh.

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Last edited by catbus; 2019-07-03 at 15:54. Reason: The bigger C

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Guys, don't worry...
If people don't want to pre order, that's fine. Just don't let other users down with you just because you don't want it.

You need to understand that no one is actually pre ordering it, but pre reserving it. As far as I know, it will have a EU warranty on it, so I don't know what the fuss is all about... why people are still wining about it...

Just wait and let them give a proper release date, than they can take my money before shipping.

I'll be sure to tease others who did not buy the device over here...
By the way, Applied on the beta as a well!
Good luck everyone!

That's all for now.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit