Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
It worked for me on the Pro¹ with some warnings that I guess are minor since Angelfish runs. All steps after the "reboot" step in the Github instructions were run immediately after reboot, the screen didn't turn off once. I'm looking forward to being able to install other apps in the future!
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
I have heard that Flathub has sometimes net issues, but usually its not too bad. I wonder now whether your phone enters suspend and looses connection because of that. In this case, the timeouts could come with switched off screen, but not with display on.
I would rule out the chances of phone suspending. I was pretty eager to see the result of the operation and kept it alive

Also, thanks to the intelligent timeout/suspension management in Sailfish OS (mce takes care of that?) that the screen stays on longer during the next cycle if woken up during the dimming phase.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Turned out that the issue with Pure Maps was not OpenGL, but internal Mapbox code used to download tiles. As I was using hybrid version for Mapbox GL and not pure Qt one (due to a bug in old Qt used by SFOS), this somehow triggered an issue. So, GL part is working fine (well, maybe with some other issues).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
should be flatpak-maliit-plugin-qt instead

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
New releases of Flatpak Runner and Maliit keyboard plugin are out. It is now possible to ask Flatpak Runner to take into account whether the keyboard is shown and, if it is, reduce the window used by application accordingly. As there is a temporary side-effect while Wayland application window is changed (old content scaled to the new size and then redrawn), I made this feature opt-in. Usually its not needed, but sometimes is handy. Examples when its needed: setting homepage and search options in Angelfish.

The packages are available at OBS.

Meanwhile, I am mainly working on Angelfish. Its progressing nicely and already is the main SFOS browser for me. Some changes are not merged yet (auto-hiding of navigation bar), some changes have to be written. But we are making progress with KDE developers.

Ironically, TMO is the worst site right now. As WebEngine doesn't handle HIDPI that well, I have to scale window up and TMO just doesn't fit on portrait when the minimal font is imposed.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Is it possible to run flatpak on a Nexus 5? With the latest Sailfish but based on an "old" CM 12.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
Is it possible to run flatpak on a Nexus 5? With the latest Sailfish but based on an "old" CM 12.
Give it a try. I don't know, tbh. The bug that I fixed in hybris was introduced for Android 6 and above. It may work just out of the box. Unless there is something missing in the kernel... So, try and let us know.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Trying to run Angelfish gives me the following output. It opens an empty window.

Code:
,---
| Sailfish OS 3.2.0.12 (Torronsuo)
'---
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ flatpak-runner org.kde.mobile.angelfish
Starting: org.kde.mobile.angelfish
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
Wayland socket: ../../display/wayland-1
WAYLAND_DISPLAY="../../display/wayland-1" FLATPAK_MALIIT_CONTAINER_DBUS="unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-MM6gVH7U7S,guid=2cd4ffbf50593a6028484a0e5e4a3ad2" flatpak run --env=QT_WAYLAND_FORCE_DPI=442 --filesystem=/system:ro --filesystem=/vendor:ro --filesystem=/odm:ro --device=all --talk-name=org.maliit.server --filesystem=/opt/flatpak/maliit/org.kde.Platform/arm/5.12:ro --env=QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/app/lib64/plugins:/app/lib/plugins:/usr/share/runtime/lib/plugins:/opt/flatpak/maliit/org.kde.Platform/arm/5.12 --env=QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_MOBILE=1 --env=QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_STYLE=Plasma --env=HYBRIS_EGLPLATFORM_DIR=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/lib/libhybris --env=HYBRIS_LINKER_DIR=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/lib/libhybris/linker --env=HYBRIS_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/libexec/droid-hybris/system/lib:/usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/lib:/vendor/lib:/system/lib --env=LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/lib org.kde.mobile.angelfish
[D] onCompleted:389 - Warning: specifying an object instance for initialPage is sub-optimal - prefer to use a Component
[W] unknown:52 - file:///usr/share/flatpak-runner/qml/main.qml:52:26: Unable to assign [undefined] to bool
error: app/org.kde.mobile.angelfish/arm/master not installed
[D] expression for onExit:58 - Skipping quit as it will hang the window. Proper exit is needed

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Few quick checks:

- have you rebooted after installing flatpak? If you didn't, please do so

- have you installed Angelfish using --user?

- what does `flatpak list` return in terminal?

- Try to enter Flatpak environment by running: flatpak run --command=sh org.kde.mobile.angelfish

The last command should give you a prompt inside Flatpak. If something is wrong, it will fail.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Few quick checks:

- have you rebooted after installing flatpak? If you didn't, please do so
- Yes I rebooted
- have you installed Angelfish using --user?
- Yes
- what does `flatpak list` return in terminal?

- Try to enter Flatpak environment by running: flatpak run --command=sh org.kde.mobile.angelfish

The last command should give you a prompt inside Flatpak. If something is wrong, it will fail.
My bad, I didn't complete the installation. Anyway, now it does not start with the following output:
Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ flatpak run --command=sh org.kde.mobile.angelfishbwrap: Creating new namespace failed: Invalidargumenterror: ldconfig failed, exit status 256
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ devel-su
[root@Sailfish nemo]# ldconfig
[root@Sailfish nemo]# exit
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ flatpak run --command=sh org.kde.mobile.angelfishbwrap: Creating new namespace failed: Invalidargumenterror: ldconfig failed, exit status 256
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ devel-su
[root@Sailfish nemo]# flatpak-runner org.kde.mobile.angelfisherror: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.[C] unknown:0 - Failed to create display (No such file or directory)[root@Sailfish nemo]#
Flatpak list output:
Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ flatpak list
Name             Application ID                Version Branch Origin  Installation
html5-codecs     …esktop.Platform.html5-codecs         18.08  flathub user
KDE Application… org.kde.Platform                      5.12   flathub user
Angelfish Webbr… org.kde.mobile.angelfish              master kdeapps user

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:

Tags
flatpak