Hi, http://siag.nu/ from this site, i got the source codes, which i am able to compile and use in scratchbox. But i am not able to make a deb ( i dont know making multiple debs & libraries ) and "make" command failed for n900.

Anyone willing package it in deb and write a tutorial for packaging multiple-binary & libraries???

Thank You.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to insanelysexy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Krakow, POLAND
I'm not quite sure what do you want to accomplish. What "multiple debs & libraries" you want to make?

I got bored so I built the Siag Office you have mentioned. It builds just fine by itself but with auto generated template you have to replace flags in /debian/rules files for Mowitz and neXtaw, from:

Code:
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-z,defs"
to:

Code:
LDFLAGS="-s"
Here are the optified debs (I have not tested them, and they have default control files - without dependencies set etc.):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/....1-1_armel.deb

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to totalizator For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
totalizator: Maybe, put them into Extras-devel repositories?..
Will test them later, hopefully.

Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Hey, thanks totalizator !!

I could not make deb of that neXtraw library ( 1st error : name should be in small && 2nd -> naem of the output packages ) & of that Mowitz too.

Multiple binary that i was saying was for the "Siag" you have packaged. It consists of different "packages" ( as seen in make install ) like xedplus, ps etc etc... So i wanted to make different debs for each of them. ( I have attached that.. )

And , it will be very helpful if could post the debian directory for the library & siag package.

Thank You.
Attached Files
File Type: deb pw_3.6.1-1_armel.deb (38.3 KB, 67 views)
File Type: deb gvu_3.6.1-1_armel.deb (38.3 KB, 76 views)
File Type: deb tsiag_3.6.1-1_armel.deb (38.3 KB, 72 views)
File Type: deb xedplus_3.6.1-1_armel.deb (38.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: deb xfiler_3.6.1-1_armel.deb (38.3 KB, 64 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to insanelysexy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...

Thank you! An interesting question: "multiple binaries" take about 191 KB, siag-as-a-whole is 1.5MB. Why is it so? Does Siag package include all the files of binaries-and-libraries(nextaw-and-mowitz) inside of it, instead of calling them in as external dependencies?

Haven't tested yet.

Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
@wikiwide : Actually I missed two or three packages, namely siag & egon (egon segfaults for some reason ).. Siag is the largest one with 1.5MB i think.

Nope. it doesnot include any of the library. they have to be seperately installed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to insanelysexy For This Useful Post:
Ook... So Siag is something heavy and complicated, and "multiple binaries" are small utilities, and both siag and pw and tsiag and others depend on libraries (nextaw and mowitz).

Does Egon give any error? Can you enable debugging somehow?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Debugger

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
sorry could not upload siag-> more 488.3kb.

totalizator siag ->1603760 bytes
seperate siag ->1594782 bytes

here is egon.
Attached Files
File Type: deb egon_3.6.1-1_armel.deb (38.3 KB, 68 views)

Nope..

Siag is just a spreadsheet app & others are pw -> text editor, egon-> animator, tsiag -> spread in commandline etc etc. Siag deb compiled by totalizator iuncludes all of them, while multiple binary thing gives us the option to install only the debs we want..

All of them require those library (M & N) ... M requires N and N only requires libc6.

There is this browser too available on the same website, depending on N. will try to compile it shortly.

M -> mowitz
N -> nextraw

i tried egon in emulator and it segfaulted. i have not yet tested them on device. and thanks for the link

@wikiwide : to enable debugging, will it be enough to add -g to CFLAGS in makfile ???

Tags
maemo 5, siag office