I have noticed this behavior lately also, but I cant say did it come with the latest versions by qwazix or had I already seen it on the cantruchs fork. I dont have to restart the phone, all that is needed is in terminal to "sudo gainroot" and "start proximityd" and it start to work again.

I havent got the time to properly troubleshoot the situation, but it seems that restarting the timenow.conf does not solve it, only restarting the proximityd does it. It also seems that the proximityd is alive when I restart it to get it workin, because I can also stop it without errors when timenow stops responding.

Is proximityd part of timenow or is it standalone part by someone else? Is there use to try to check any logs or that kind of stuff about the communication between timenow and proximityd?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kossuth For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Proximityd is not part of timenow, it's the same proximity daemon that powers shortcutd, timenow just depends on it.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
BTW since my last post I havent experienced any glitches with timenow, so I havent had any chance to investigate the problem I had for a while. As I'm not sure that it is even related to timenow, so I consider it now cured. Will inform of any new events.

Ok, now I got timenow in error condition, so it does not show when the proximity sensor is uncovered. I tested that the proximity sensor works during phonecall, so that the screen is blanked when I raise the phone to my ear (and cover the proximity sensor) and the screen lights back up instantly when the sensor is uncovered. I will not try to fix it by restarting the proximityd, so if anyone has any commands/ideas to test where the problem is, I'm open to suggestions.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I can't think of what to test but a start would be to check if proximityd is actually running

Code:
ps aux | grep proximity

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Yes, it is actually the proximityd that has stopped/crashed, because it doesnt show up on ps aux. Should it actually be on some daemon watch, so when it crashes it tries to restart it at least couple of time. Is there a file I could check for the watchlist or its log?

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Sweden
Have problem with mine. Doesn't show up when i cover the sensor and the display never goes to automatic lockscreen.

@Breeze5
The proper function of Timenow should be as follows:

1. You lock the phone with the slider switch next to the headphone socket

2. Screen goes blank

3. You cover the proximity sensor with your finger or by putting the phone in your pocket

4. Nothing happens

5. You uncover the proximity sensor by removing the finger or taking the phone from your pocket

6. The lockscreen is displayed automatically

7. The screen goes blank after timeout or if you cover the proximity sensor again

Could you Breeze5 tell exactly what happens and what not?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kossuth For This Useful Post:
I allways have to write "start proximityd" to get it work and when i leave my phone display on it never goes to mode "Automaticly lockscreen". So i have to do it every time manually with the slider when i put away my phone.

After unistalling timenow i have the same problem with the screen stays led for 5 min.
Anyone has the same poblem?