Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by ryu1 View Post
whew, I managed to flash it with vanilla, and get everything back to normal (the problem was with my computer, so i go to my second computer and done it).

5his was scarry (i was afraid i will remain with 77mb for applications), but i'm not giving up. i will try another method to increase applications memory.
how could you manage that error while flashing the vanila EMMC?? i mean did you use linux or xp on other computer which done the job?

i still could not manage that error (i use xp and i have only one computer)

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ middle of nowhere
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
how could you manage that error while flashing the vanila EMMC?? i mean did you use linux or xp on other computer which done the job?

i still could not manage that error (i use xp and i have only one computer)
Yes,with my old computer i could only flash kernel image (whan try to flash vanilla, it did not detect the phone!). If you have the same problem jus go to another pc, install flasher 3.5 and flash the vanilla. I use only win xp on both of my computers.

I have anothe question now.
WHERE can i get multiboot? I tried to find it in extras devel in app manager, but i could't see it.
Tried get it from xterm, but i get something like "could not find pakage".
How can i get multiboot?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67866
Here is one of the threads about multiboot and backupmenu.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67866
Here is one of the threads about multiboot and backupmenu.
I installed multiboot-0.2.11.deb from attachments, but now my phone starts with multiboot screen but no option to select. When timer gets to 7 device shut down.
Now i cannot start my phone. I will reflash it.
When i install kernel power (v48) do i have to install kernel power multiboot image also?

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
i have also bought my n900 few days ago. im loving it alot. as i want to install Community updates in my n900 i want to ask a question. currently im running maemo and nitroid 12 Umay. if i will update my phone with community provided updates will this effect my nitdroid installation and my application which i have installed in maemo.

thanks in advance

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
i have also bought my n900 few days ago. im loving it alot. as i want to install Community updates in my n900 i want to ask a question. currently im running maemo and nitroid 12 Umay. if i will update my phone with community provided updates will this effect my nitdroid installation and my application which i have installed in maemo.

thanks in advance
i don't think so.
What instruction did you follow to install umay, and did you install it on emmc or in sd card?

i don't think so.
What instruction did you follow to install umay, and did you install it on emmc or in sd card?
its installed in emmc and i installed it via auto-installer procedure which did the rest of installation.

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
its installed in emmc and i installed it via auto-installer procedure which did the rest of installation.
From this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66459 ?

From this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66459 ?
yes this is the thread.

Tags
fremantle, nokia n900