Well, it looks like Intel has abandoned it too. Although they do plan for a Linux replacement, which is not bad. Some sort of WebOS thing.

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/applicat...izen-40094045/

The Following User Says Thank You to Radu For This Useful Post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=77986

Please use search next time.

Thanks.

i looked before posting, but didn't find anything (I didn't think of searching for Tizen). Anyway, that thread you linked to had no information or links in the first post, except for commenting about how stupid name it is.

It never had a chance after Nokia abandoned it.

The second post, followed by 7 more pages should make it pretty obvious. Unless you were viewing the page on a tamagotchi, there is no reason the second post would not be visible.

Not replying here again as it's just bumping the thread. Requesting a merge/deletion from the mods.

Thanks.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vdx29 View Post
It never had a chance after Nokia abandoned it.
Why not? Intel is quite big, and it does have the muscle to impose a Linux based OS at least on netbooks and tablets.
About the HMTL 5 thing, I am not really happy with how things are going. It seems that both Windows and Linux are going this way, which is extremely stupid. An HTML5 application is orders of magnitude slower than a well written C application.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Radu View Post
Why not? Intel is quite big, and it does have the muscle to impose a Linux based OS at least on netbooks and tablets.
About the HMTL 5 thing, I am not really happy with how things are going. It seems that both Windows and Linux are going this way, which is extremely stupid. An HTML5 application is orders of magnitude slower than a well written C application.
Samsung, too, in the Tizen camp... let's not forget. As for slower--that's less a fault of HTML5 and more a fault of the HTML5 engines/virtual machines, wouldn't you agree?

Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2011-09-28 at 21:58.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Manila
bye bye meego ;(

Well, HTML5 is a technology. It has some purposes, of course, such as... WEB. Like a Flash replacement.
But for desktop, it's like trying to hammer nails with a microscope (instead of a hammer). I can't understand what the use for that is.

The Following User Says Thank You to Radu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Radu View Post
Well, HTML5 is a technology. It has some purposes, of course, such as... WEB. Like a Flash replacement.
But for desktop, it's like trying to hammer nails with a microscope (instead of a hammer). I can't understand what the use for that is.
To build really, really efficient and really tiny furniture for very tiny microorganisms.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
goodbye nokia, html != c/c++, meego is dead