Originally Posted by dcarter View Post
oops redundant....

Of note, Ninja used Black Dymond rom and had success.

I used vp3G WM6 rom and had immediate success installing the DUN, pairing my N800 and N770, and achieving data transfer (internet).

I have not tried Black Majic WM6 and cannot confirm or deny whether it is possible to achieve DUN success with N800 or N770.

Just saying, since the cooked WM6 rom installation is easy to achieve for you, perhaps you'd might try one of the roms we had success with, rather than laboring so on this one....

dcarter
Please forgive me for going off-topic, but how do you like the vp3G ROM? I'm thinking that will be my replacement for a month-old LVSW.

Originally Posted by Moshpitius View Post
Ninja, I just wanted to
thank you for the instructions. It's working great with
my 8525 + N770.
You're welcome. Glad I could help. BTW, what rom are you running? Knowing that might give Tony some more options.
Ninja

Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
You're welcome. Glad I could help. BTW, what rom are you running? Knowing that might give Tony some more options.
Ninja
I'm running LVSW from June... I'll have to get the exact name.

Moshpitius it works fast and flawless. I used the hybrid version.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=313392

I put HTC touch .cabs on it (HTChome, dialer, etc.) in addition to the HTC HomePlugin...It navigates fast & comprehensively off the home today screen.

I was most thankful to Ninja for pointing out the DUN mod.....
Too bad for the QVGA screen....Quake is still pretty cool though.

For obvious screen reasons, my HTC will remain primarily as a data port for my beloved IT!!

dcarter

hey thanks to all of you guys that replied. Big thanks to ninja. I got it working.

My problem was I was on 2006 edition. I upgraded to 2007 HE and then paired up using the bluetooth util not the phone bluetooth util and everything worked perfect.

I love my IT now and woot.com

I've read this thread about 5 times as well as the thread over at xda-developers and I'm still not getting it though I think I'm close.

I have the TyTN with Black Dymond WM6 ROM. I have installed the DUN cab. I have copied the files from the modemlink zip file into the windows folder on the TyTN. I have also installed PDANet and enabled DUN (maybe reDUNdant with the DUN cab (?).

I have setup a phone connection on the Nokia 770 and paired it. When I do so, the 770 tells me that I will only be able to use it for dial up networking. I setup a network connection on the 770 for my Cingular service.

On my TyTN, then establish a connection with the Internet Sharing utility via the GPRS connection.

When I start to browse from the Nokia 770, I see it communicate with my phone as I see the phone establish a GPRS (edge) connection. However, the Nokia comes back and tells me it failed to connect.

What am I doing wrong? Is there something more I need to do with the modemlink file(s) and the associated registration file? Am I enabling too many layers on the TyTN that are redundant? I think I'm close but I know I'm missing something that is too obvious!

Help!!

Thanks all!
David

Originally Posted by dcarter View Post
yeah.....I got an 8525 Cingular and put WM6 on it too....
WM6 doesn't have Dialup Networking (DUN), it only has PAN.
N800 and 770 doesn't have PAN, so you have to install the DUN .cab that restores that functionality to WM6. (Microsoft had it in WM5 but deleted it to many tomtom owners' dismay.....)
hence this hack:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...47#post1351247

Download and install the cab and all should be well. It worked for me!

dcarter

Make sure you are running 2007HE. Uninstall PDA Net. Reset phone when done. Don't use ICS (which is PAN, not DUN). Check post #14 here for pairing instructions and connection settings. Pair devices. Put down phone! Verify Cingular settings on N770. Initiate connection.

The DUN profile is always active in WM, once the proper .dll's are restored. You should not need to start any application on the Hermes to get a connection with a second device, and truthfully don't even need most settings on the second device (as far as the WM device is concerned), as the *99# "phone number" wakes up the WLAN connection and the OS handles it from there.

Ninja

Just to clear things up since I think I had the most trouble getting it to work. Ninja helped a bunch

I have a Nokia 770 and a Cingular 8525, but it should work with any windows mobile 6 phone.

1. Upgrade Nokia 770 to the 2007 HE
2. Upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 on the phone
3. Install the all in one cab file from XDA-Developers. the exe is not needed
4. Turn on bluetooth on the phone and make it discoverable
5. Use the bluetooth utility on the 770, not the phone bluetooth but the normal bluetooth program and pair the phone and 770
6. Create a connection to your carrier, For me I dialed *99#, domain wap.cingular, Username WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM, pw CINGULAR1 (you should know it if you have a data plan)
7. I then tried to connect I dont think it worked the first time. so I deleted the pairing on both the phone and 770, reset the phone only then repeated steps 4 and 5 and connected and it worked

Anyone know where to get WM6 for the PPC-6700. I tried doing Tonys directions on a WM5 phone upgraded with latest BigJs ROM, but alas no luck.

I did manage to pair the devices up already using the Bluetooth util, but when I look at the cel phones supported profiles all I see is OPP, whatever that is!

If I try to pair with the phone control applet, it doesn't even see the PPC-6700 at all, so I'm assuming that no DUN is available.

I'm so open to help here!

Even better would be if someone could get BT PAN working on the 770/Hacked ROM!

It would be nice for the 770 to get support for PAN but I highly doubt it. I think windows mobile is going to incorporate DUN back into it before we can get support for PAN. I downloaded my WM6 upgrade at http://wmblack.info/

I think the XDA-Developers site has alot of good info but i think its mostly for HTC devices. You got to find some hacjed rom for your phone. ALso I had problems trying to pair my WM5 device with my 770 on 2006 edition. I never actually tried using WM5 with the 2007HE I think it might be able to work. If you can pair the 770 and your phone on WM5, then open up the phone utility and your phone shows up as one of the devices then it should work.