I tried installing that modem link cab with the wm5 software it didnt work for me. If any of you get it working please post a message on how you did it.

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r View Post
I tried installing that modem link cab with the wm5 software it didnt work for me. If any of you get it working please post a message on how you did it.
Did you delete your partnership after the install and reset? Also, with the N800 I had to re-pair the devices in the BT app and then open the phone app and manually set it to my 8525. WM phones tend to show up as "PDA" and not "Phone" to other devices

I installed WM6 today black version. For some reason I cant get it to work. I dont see the modem link program, however I was able to pair up the 8525. On the nokia for phone type it says computer and celluar type it says none, however it does show the dial up networking available

Not sure about this on N770 as I have a N800, but here goes. After the DUN profile is added to the 8525 delete the partnership on the IT and the phone, reboot the phone. Now re-pair. On the N800 we have an applet to manually set the phone (in the Control Panel). Designate the phone manually. Now create the Cingular connection profile (Packet Data, Phone Number: *99#, AP: wap.cingular, ID: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM, PW: CINGULAR1; case sensitive, the rest defaults).

Make sure BT is on and select the new Cingular connection. You should be good to go. The modem link software is not actually needed for BT connections, it is really the .dll's and DUN reg entries that we are using, and they are active as long as the phone is on and BT is active.

Ninja

Last edited by Ninja; 2007-07-11 at 00:37.

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r View Post
I installed WM6 today black version. For some reason I cant get it to work. I dont see the modem link program, however I was able to pair up the 8525. On the nokia for phone type it says computer and celluar type it says none, however it does show the dial up networking available
yeah.....I got an 8525 Cingular and put WM6 on it too....
WM6 doesn't have Dialup Networking (DUN), it only has PAN.
N800 and 770 doesn't have PAN, so you have to install the DUN .cab that restores that functionality to WM6. (Microsoft had it in WM5 but deleted it to many tomtom owners' dismay.....)
hence this hack:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...47#post1351247

Download and install the cab and all should be well. It worked for me!

dcarter

He did that...now we're trying to get it to work...

Ninja

I've done alot of pairing and re-paring all day. and seen alot of weird stuff.

My black majik install went smoothly without a hitch. I been trying to pair the phone up with the 770 for a while now. I think the programs are the same in the 770 and the 800, there is a bluetooth phone pairing programing in the control panal. I pair up the phone and the tablet then go to select connection where I choose the ATT connection setup that was automatically created through the new connection wizard. It always gives me a message back saying "Internet connection failed try again?" If I have my Bluetooth pan on I can see that it tries to connect then it says "Network failure try again".

Some strange things I have seen today are my phone being names HTC TyTn (this is normal) and one time it was found as my mac address.

Another thing is for some reason the pairing on my phone wouldnt pair with the tablet anymore I had to reset the memory. This happened a few times.

Thanks for all the help ninja

What are the settings in your connection on the 770? Do they match those in my previous post?

Also, I found that pairing with the phone app wouldn't work properly. I paired with the BT app and then manually selected the paired phone in the phone app.

Ninja

Ninja, I just wanted to thank you for the instructions. It's working great with my 8525 + N770.

Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
He did that...now we're trying to get it to work...

Ninja

oops redundant....

Of note, Ninja used Black Dymond rom and had success.

I used vp3G WM6 rom and had immediate success installing the DUN, pairing my N800 and N770, and achieving data transfer (internet).

I have not tried Black Majic WM6 and cannot confirm or deny whether it is possible to achieve DUN success with N800 or N770.

Just saying, since the cooked WM6 rom installation is easy to achieve for you, perhaps you'd might try one of the roms we had success with, rather than laboring so on this one....

dcarter