Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
thanks for this useless information.

won't be missing you.

couldn't you write this to mfe thread instead? stupid way to gain attention imo.

e: please write this to forum nokia, or your countrys biggest mobile vbulletin board or similar. this is old news for us but probably new news for those people.
This as just as unconstructive as the OP's post.

"Won't be missing you" and "stupid" is something that a 10 year old would say!!

A better reply would be: "I think this should be posted to the mfe thread" :P

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stayloa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by stayloa View Post
This as just as unconstructive as the OP's post.

"Won't be missing you" and "stupid" is something that a 10 year old would say!!

A better reply would be: "I think this should be posted to the mfe thread" :P
so this isn't an useless and stupid thread?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Surely if it is a prerequsit for your job to be able to read these emails your worl should provide you with the facility to do so mobile if needed.
Just my thoughts.
Thank the lord that someone picked up on this.

If your work demands you access emails, work should provide a phone. Its pretty simple really.

A shame you are returning a device you like because work will nto provide you with the tools to well carry out your work.

I dont think its a pointless thread, just highlights the issue again. yes it has been highlighted before but who cares if it doesnt interest you dont read the thread or reply. Again pretty simple reallty

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
If you work and want mobile device that fits in that environment then why on earth you would take N900? Let's just assume that you do not know jack about linux.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
@Neegs - He's probably got a blackberry; but sometimes it's useful to be able to get work emails on your personal device. I can't see this use as I'd always like to keep the two as separate as possible, but someone especially in a small firm might require this.

Anyway, this thread should be deleted already.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Sorry to hear you go. If you need something that works, I would look into a BlackBerry. I transitioned from one not long ago, and it continues to receive my endorsement for anybody who wants or needs a solid messaging device.

Your work will need to have Blackberry Enterprise Server and you will need a data plan supporting that. Since it is something that you need to do your job, I would also ask the boss about subsidizing your phone and data plan.

@cashclientel - thats a fair point i just for the life of me cannot understand why you would want to receive work email on your personal phone.

People at my work place all have Crackberries. You cannot go to lunch with them without a pile of the things being in the middle of the table. Just in case there is an issue that you alone can fix and nobody else in the entire world can comprehend. No, your not that important, life goes on

That isnt aimed at anyone here just some crazy people at work who are surgically attached to their crackberries. putting work before life its just insane

The Following User Says Thank You to Neegs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
@Neegs people like to think they are important.

Nothing worse than stopping a conversation to check the vibration of a blackberry email... quick few rolls of the thumb and then back into the pocket it goes... it's the new 'talking with your mouth full' for 2005+
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Neegs View Post
@cashclientel - thats a fair point i just for the life of me cannot understand why you would want to receive work email on your personal phone.
simple: so you don't have to carry two things around.

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
so this isn't an useless and stupid thread?
That is somewhat besides the point - your comment is one side of what we need stamping out of the forums. Sure, some threads are pointless, some threads should be posted elsewhere and above all, we want users to use the search function before posting...

However, when someone doesn't do this, we can't start calling them stupid and being rude/inflammatory.

This community is great, but both the Maemo users and non-Maemo users need to work together to help the community and devices grow. The thread may have had some learning for the community that was not seen elsewhere for example.

I think we essentially need a new forum section dedicated to people leaving the N900 behind and to discuss the competition etc etc...

Tags
worst thread ever, worthless