Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Stuttgart, Germany
Hi,
I just purchased a new N810 and ask myself on how to log into the internet by using the LAN (cable with RJ45 connector readily available in most of the hotels worldwide) with my tablet.
Thanks for any usefull answer!!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by dociii View Post
...how to log into the internet by using the LAN (cable with RJ45 connector readily available in most of the hotels worldwide) with my tablet.
Purchase a travel router, or look through this thread and purchase from jolouis the adapters you to do USB-to-Ethernet.

You'd just have gotten nowhere with a search for RJ45, I suppose...

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
give the guy a break.... obviously he is a newbie and if you don't know that a LAN cable is a RJ45 then you probably wont find what you are looking for.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Add the travel router to the faq pages we're always referring newbies to...

Originally Posted by prk60091 View Post
give the guy a break.... obviously he is a newbie and if you don't know that a LAN cable is a RJ45 then you probably wont find what you are looking for.
Yes, obviously he is a newbie. So?

If you don't know that a LAN cable is an RJ45, then you probably wouldn't post this:
Hi,
I just purchased a new N810 and ask myself on how to log into the internet by using the LAN (cable with RJ45 connector readily available in most of the hotels worldwide) with my tablet.
Thanks for any usefull answer!!
It's not an issue of ignorance, it's an issue of failure to help one's self, and warrants a mild reminder of the sensible approach to problem solving.

Jeez Benson, did you wake up on the wrong side of your NIT this morning? Lighten up!

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Stuttgart, Germany
So what??

If you can not help me I can look into another forum!!

I am not joking.

The Following User Says Thank You to dociii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
Hi Docii;

I too have been wondering about wired ethernet with my n810, but have been busy with other problems, and had not searched yet. Your post, which I happened to see, and the responses, were enough to provide the "aha! it is possible" - very valuable.

That said, it is always advisable to do some searching for best-guess keywords before posting a question. It's also nice form to try to answer at least one question for every question one poses - I know that's tough when one is getting started, but please still try.

Finally, regarding other forums - internettablettalk seems to be the best one out there... don't give up on us yet.

Steve

Last edited by stevecrye; 2008-06-08 at 04:56. Reason: laconicized

Buy an Apple Airport Express, great little gizmo with a range of uses. I was in the US for a week recently, plugged my AXP into the hotel's cable modem & enjoyed secured 801.11g wifi on my N800 & work laptop.