Active Topics

I just went and ordered my N800. And it is all YOUR FAULT...remember that when I come and knock on your door looking for a couch to sleep on!

I figured since I already order extra batteries, an external battery charger, an 8GB SDHC card, a Cradlepoint CTR350, and MP1550, eight Sanyo NiMH batteries last night, that I guess it made sense to order the N800 too.

I even splurged on 1-day shipping at Amazon. WTHey, I blew the budget already what is another $18, right?

So, just remember it was from the info and help I found here that got me in trouble...so, keep that couch ready. I prefer high thread count sheets, at least 500, k?

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I am lactose intollerant and cannot eat anything with wheat. Please ensure there is food I can eat in the fridge! And gluten free beer too.

Last edited by brecklundin; 2008-02-11 at 21:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to brecklundin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Missouri, USA
Sounds like you went the extra mile. Or extra few...
So where's the bluetooth keyboard? XP

I have no couch, I have a floor though.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
eight Sanyo NiMH batteries
Given you get a battery life of 3.5 hours/battery 8x3.5= 28 hours of playback?? Are you going to the jungle? If so, this Solar Powered Self-Recharging Li-Ion Battery might come in handy along with this?

Originally Posted by Underscore View Post
Sounds like you went the extra mile. Or extra few...
So where's the bluetooth keyboard? XP
ahhhh, crud!! I forgot that and the new Tom Bihn Buzz bag...gotta go order them now..shoot!

Originally Posted by superstar View Post
Given you get a battery life of 3.5 hours/battery 8x3.5= 28 hours of playback?? Are you going to the jungle? If so, this Solar Powered Self-Recharging Li-Ion Battery might come in handy along with this?
Not the jungle but, close, shopping in Antique malls, flea markets & estate sales...for those times when I am unsure if I can make any money on an item. I figure this ability alone will save me $500/yr in unfortunate WAG about items.

The eight NiMH batteries are for the Cradlepoiint EVDO Wifi router...combined with the MP1550 it gives me a mobile hotspot with two sets of batteries, as the CDU380 EVDO Modem is likely not going to work even in OTG mode on the USB port. I could have found an active usb hub, but the cradlepoint lets us share the connection in an easier fashion.

The extra N800 batteries are for when I run outta juice on the device. I mean it's a fast swap and much easier to carry around...well, maybe not easier but it's called accessorising!! hehehehe....

Last edited by brecklundin; 2008-02-11 at 21:13.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I have no couch, I have a floor though.
hmmmm...nice padded carpet? Air mattress?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
...it's called accessorising!
So, now you just need a Bluetooth GPS and a car mount, and you'll be all set.

No, I take that back. Your Batman utility belt won't be complete until you can scale buildings.

got the GPS covered in the CDU680...

But the Batman Belt is interesting!!

I am planning on setting up a rolling hotspot in my vehicle with an external EVDO antenna, Wifi antenna and an EVDO signal booster...plus a deidcated power inverter for eveything.

But that is a summer project...

You are going to *loathe* that grey soft fabric pouch, though.

While waiting for my Proporta case, I've resorted to putting PlayThing in an unused makeup case that has a zipper since the N800 *constantly* slid out of the pouch while in my bag.

This has resulted in a near-heart attack when it managed to slip out of the pouch, out of the bag and flush against the front on the filing cabinet I usually store my stuff in. I picked up the bag, found an empty pouch... and NO N800.

Calls to every place I visited that afternoon resulted in bupkiss and frustration. The only reason why I found PlayThing flush against the inside of the cabinet was because I was so pissed off, I slammed the drawer shut and everything (including the N800) was shoved to the back half of the drawer.

Bad day, indeed.