Notices

Bootyhunter has just hit openrepos and is awaiting harbour QA, so let's get this started!

This is the long-awaited and long-planned geocaching app that I wrote recently. For now it only supports opencaching, not the official geocaching.com, since Groundspeak are dicks about their API and it'd take writing an HTML parser to get any data from them (this is what c:geo does for example, and what I'd eventually force myself to do as well, unless someone else beats me to it (hint hint)).

Please let me know if you have any comments, suggestion, bug reports, feature requests or if your favourite opencaching provider is missing. You may also post them on github; source code will be there too in a near future, as soon as I make sure I'm not accidentally leaking some supersecret oauth keys along with it.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think

Some screenshots:

Last edited by tadzik; 2017-01-18 at 13:43.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to tadzik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
You surely know about AGTL, which is/was maintained. And should still allow to fetch some cache data (if geocaching.com did not change their site again).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
It has been a while since I've done any geocaching, but I'd like to try it again, so I'm very happy to see this app!

Can you add support for a UK site please?

Where are map tiles sourced from? Is it possible to use offline maps from OSM Scout Server?

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I was in the process of adding opencache.uk, but their email took a couple hours to reach me so I released without it; will add it in the next release

The tiles are now just fetched from OSM with QML's default osmPlugin, I don't mind adding support for OSM Scout (or accepting one )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tadzik For This Useful Post:
A new version has hit openrepos with added support for opencache.uk. I may have screwed up the versioning though, it may be necessary to reinstall it instead of simply updating :/

I also resubmitted it to harbour again, unfortunately with the map removed: Jolla doesn't allow QtLocation for some reason and I don't consider it a time worth spending to reimplement the map component from scratch. The warehouse version will always be the fully-functional one though

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tadzik For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Sooooo not what I was expecting from the title...

Carry on...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Sooooo not what I was expecting from the title...
Nope, what ya want is Sailfinder by @modulebaan
(http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=42)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocaching, sailfish