Notices

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Russia, Moscow
I had to reflash my N900 recently.
After I reinstalled SnXM I wasn't able to run it, running from X terminal gives the following:

~ sh snxm
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "snxm.py", line 11, in <module>
from ui.mainwindow import MainWindow
ImportError: No module named ui.mainwindow

I have PyQt Full Install 4.7.5-maemo2 — do I need something else?

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
OK, this is probably too much to ask, but ...

Any Chance You Would Port This to Diablo???

I've been campaigning for something like this for a long time. See my threads PLEASE, a simple free-form database like QuickDex and How about coding a simple free-form database like QuickDex?

Now I'm using Simplenote client on my $99 TouchPad (as well as on my laptop), but I still prefer good old Maemo and my N800. To have something like QuickDex (which Simplenote is), but also synch-able? That would be just The Best!

It ain't much, but I'd be happy to send you (fpp, I presume) $50 as a goodwill gesture for a basic non-crashing Diablo Simplenote client.

Hi Gerald,

Chances are slim, but not zero (and it's not a matter of price :-)

SnXM is coded in Python+Qt, and there is an (older) version of PyQt available for Diablo, I think. So it's not impossible, mostly a matter of pulling out everything that is not supported, notably the Fremantle UI (so it would look quite different :-)

I haven't touched either SnXM or my N810 in a long while, however, and I switched jobs this summer, so it's a busy time with not much energy left on the side... so don't hold your breath :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 86 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Moscow
wonderful app! helps much to switch to SN after Google has finally shut Google Notebook.
One thing that bugs me is the absence of tags, though because you mentioned them in the first post -
However, tags may be added to notes' title and/or body and searched.
i still think there's a way to enter them on n900 in the way they could make it into the web application and others, could you clear up on that?
And of course it would be cool to have snxm packaged, although the installation is not much of a pain.
Thanks again!
*this post was written with snxm*

Thanks. I coded the SN API 1.0 by hand when tags were not there yet.
Recently I stumbled upon a python lib for API 2.0 which is probably much cleaner than mine and does tags & other stuff.
This may motivate me to upgrade SnXM, time and energy being the limiting factors
The thing is that I have no idea how to fit tags into the N900 UI without crowding things or popup screens.
I seem to understand that you are speaking of a hack (of sorts) where tags would be supported without UI changes -- say, a convention where tags would be the first line of a note's contents, in "@tag" syntax.
Would that be an accepable compromise ?

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Thanks. I coded the SN API 1.0 by hand when tags were not there yet.
Recently I stumbled upon a python lib for API 2.0 which is probably much cleaner than mine and does tags & other stuff.
This may motivate me to upgrade SnXM, time and energy being the limiting factors
The thing is that I have no idea how to fit tags into the N900 UI without crowding things or popup screens.
I seem to understand that you are speaking of a hack (of sorts) where tags would be supported without UI changes -- say, a convention where tags would be the first line of a note's contents, in "@tag" syntax.
Would that be an accepable compromise ?
This is very good news! Let's hope your limiting factors do not limit you much.
Yes, maybe @tag entered in title or in note contents could work without being obstrusive. Entered in title it could allow an snxm user to quickly filter notes by tags (without pressing Enter).

Hmm, title ? Hadn't thought of that.

It probably does add more constraints or conventions the user needs to respect, though, because there needs to be a way I can detect tags in a local note's content to convert them to SN tags while uploading, and the reverse while downloading.

Tags as first line of content is easy : if first line starts with @, consider the rest as tags, else no tags...

Tags in title need to be distinguished from the title text proper, if you require both (I know I would).
So, title text first, and everything after the first @ is parsed as tags ? But then you need to be careful not to use @ in title text, etc.

Need to think about it a bit. Just don't hold your breath, unless you're a professional diver :-)

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Hmm, title ? Hadn't thought of that.

It probably does add more constraints or conventions the user needs to respect, though, because there needs to be a way I can detect tags in a local note's content to convert them to SN tags while uploading, and the reverse while downloading.

Tags as first line of content is easy : if first line starts with @, consider the rest as tags, else no tags...

Tags in title need to be distinguished from the title text proper, if you require both (I know I would).
So, title text first, and everything after the first @ is parsed as tags ? But then you need to be careful not to use @ in title text, etc.
Sure it all depends on how easy it could be implemented. 1st line is OK too, the concept of title now exists only in the snxm anyway. And @ would be used in the title as a part of an email, for example for those who write their emails in the app, so this could easily lead to misreadings.
Need to think about it a bit. Just don't hold your breath, unless you're a professional diver :-)
I won't, but i definitely will hope)

Hello, I wanted to ask for a check: I am using the 1.0.2 version on the N900, but the scrolling is almost unusable: if I scroll my notes with touch, it's too fast and I cannot use it!!
Is there something wrong? Should I do better if I reverted to 1.0.1? Or perhaps can I change some configurations on the 1.0.2?
Thanks... Unfortunately this issue almost breaks the app for me, which would be perfect otherwise.
Thank you!!
Tony

Bump. Anyone?